Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ready4uni)
    Of course it isn't 100% definitely true but when you are competing with 15+ people for every place, some of whom will have 8+a* and brilliant personal statements, your chances are going to be slim because there is little to set you apart from others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So I shouldn't apply?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should, but be realistic about your chances. By all means do the best you can be, but be aware of the difficulties good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ready4uni)
    I think you should, but be realistic about your chances. By all means do the best you can be, but be aware of the difficulties good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might but I'm worried I won't make a competitive application, I can make a strong personal statement just wanted to be sure that my A levels would balance my GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3A*,2A,2B,2C for GCSE, then had to take a gap year for military service. Got an offer for straight econ last december. My opinion is that when you already have solid A level grades, your GCSEs don't really matter.

Either way you won't know until you try. Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Wing)
    I might but I'm worried I won't make a competitive application, I can make a strong personal statement just wanted to be sure that my A levels would balance my GCSE's.
    If you don't apply there is no way you are going to make it, but if you do, however slim your chances are, there is a chance. so go for it

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from LSE to study economics, and I only got 3 A stars, 5 As and 1 B at GCSE, and got 4 As at as level (one was even PE), so I'm sure you have a great chance of getting an offer, provided that you do your research and show that you have a genuine interest in the subject through your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend got into lse with awful gcses - lots of cs - then did his a levels well in one year and got on to do law there, now graduated. dont be put off, just make sure your personal statement is tip top and try and explain (implicitly) why your gcses werent so great.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.