Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is why I hate Facebook. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    Does anyone else not hate the fact that people insist on posting every single picture they take on facebook?

Why can't people just keep their pictures to themselves? Perhaps take them to a shop and get them processed so they can look back at the memories in a few years time?

WHY is it necessary to post them on bloody facebook? I don't want everyone seeing pictures of me when I am out with my friends.. I now avoid getting my picture taken at all costs as I know it WILL go on facebook

I don't want my old high school 'friends' to know EXACTLY what I am doing with my life, I would like to meet them and be able to tell them myself instead of them being able to see every single picture that has been taken of me on facebook

Spoiler:
    Show
    YES I HATE FACEBOOK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1maOiysZe-4 <--- good irrelevant song! oh rockall rockall you never fall!!

Feel free to leave a comment saying if you agree or disagree with what I have just proclaimed
    sup fish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    sup fish
    Hey robbie buddy

What happened the ****? It's an iconic picture

ReputationRep:
    Hey robbie buddy

What happened the ****? It's an iconic picture
    Oh god that sounded wrong, I decided to change it, it was getting old got my econ remark back went from 76->84 so got AAC in January Also nearly finished with c2 trig! how have you being?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Oh god that sounded wrong, I decided to change it, it was getting old got my econ remark back went from 76->84 so got AAC in January Also nearly finished with c2 trig! how have you being?
    Omg man brilliant! So happy for you!! I probably should have got Chem remarked :lol:

It's horrible haha! I am just doing pastpapers now, done most questions in the exercise book except for sequences and series and binomial!

1 month today exactly until m1

ReputationRep:
    I hate all these 'Facebook Fame' videos, they keep coming up on my feed even when I don't know them at all.

ReputationRep:
    Just set it so you can't be tagged in photos unless you have confirmed it first. It won't appear on you wall then.
    I do that so I can okay them first.
    Same with videos, etc

ReputationRep:
    I think asking your friend to take down the photo is the best option, though sometimes with class pictures you can't do anything.
    If they're REALLY your friends they'll take it down, or at least cover your face or something...
    However I think some pictures are still okay as long as they're not just floating around on the internet but on a protected FB account that only your friends can see (not that FB security is great...)

ReputationRep:
    Omg man brilliant! So happy for you!! I probably should have got Chem remarked :lol:

It's horrible haha! I am just doing pastpapers now, done most questions in the exercise book except for sequences and series and binomial!

1 month today exactly until m1
    Haha thanks! I can't believe it went up 8ums, but it was econ though so I don't know how Chem would play out in a remark.

How is Trig horrible :P? I find it really easy, all you do is adjust the interval if its a bit weird. Other then that all of trig c2 is quite simple.

Ahah so we're at the same position basically, I haven't started integration yet and nearly done with trig but the other way around.

And woah, in 10minutes I'd be entering the exam hall 1month from now, but I'm so much better at M1 now, pegs, pulleys, connected particles all of that shizzle, dynamics is in the bag, now its just vectors

ReputationRep:
    Complains about 'invasion of privacy'...then starts talking about his life openly on a public forum...

The irony

ReputationRep:
    I hate this as well. I actually went out with a group of friends the other week who made a point of "taking photos for Facebook".

Other people think it's absolutely hilarious to take awful photos without you knowing they even have a camera, and then adding "funny" captions to them.

As someone who was bullied throughout school, it's very very hard to see such photos uploaded, and then people who bullied me (and even people who don't know me) commenting saying "LOL what is she doing" or making other *****y comments.. it's horrible, yet the people who upload them think they're just joining in with the "joke". A friend of mine once posted a pic of us both that she'd insisted on taking when we were in Asda toilets (personally I went in for a wee, not a photo shoot) and one of her friends had commented saying "The one on the right is hot but LOL at the ugly cow on the left, where did you find her?!" I mean, how cruel, considering I was tagged, and therefore obviously going to see it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenrirs_space)
    Complains about 'invasion of privacy'...then starts talking about his life openly on a public forum...

The irony
    How am I talking about my life openly on a public forum?

I have not mentioned my name; therefore my identity remains in privacy.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I like Facebook what I don't like is people posting inspirational bible quotes all the time. My American friends are especially bad for this, I mean I go to church I just don't preach on fb.

ReputationRep:
    You know some nasty people
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I hate this as well. I actually went out with a group of friends the other week who made a point of "taking photos for Facebook".

Other people think it's absolutely hilarious to take awful photos without you knowing they even have a camera, and then adding "funny" captions to them.

As someone who was bullied throughout school, it's very very hard to see such photos uploaded, and then people who bullied me (and even people who don't know me) commenting saying "LOL what is she doing" or making other *****y comments.. it's horrible, yet the people who upload them think they're just joining in with the "joke". A friend of mine once posted a pic of us both that she'd insisted on taking when we were in Asda toilets (personally I went in for a wee, not a photo shoot) and one of her friends had commented saying "The one on the right is hot but LOL at the ugly cow on the left, where did you find her?!" I mean, how cruel, considering I was tagged, and therefore obviously going to see it!

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is now the sole preserve of self-publicists, narcissists and idiots, whereas when it started, it was exclusively used by erm, er, hang on a sec....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    You know some nasty people
    Well I'm not friends with them personally, but unfortunately the people who take the photos are also the kind of people who add everyone they've ever spoken to in their life.

"Here's your change and your receipt, sir."
    "Thanks, do you have Facebook?"

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked your friends not to post photos of you on facebook? I have a couple of friends who have facebook but don't like people uploading photos of them, so people don't.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people just make casual, common sense posts on facebook. For example,

"**** cancer"

The poster isn't ill and doesn't have any family members or friends ill, it's just a throwaway comment, is that fishing for likes or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I hate it when people just make casual, common sense posts on facebook. For example,

"**** cancer"

The poster isn't ill and doesn't have any family members or friends ill, it's just a throwaway comment, is that fishing for likes or what?
    Or those ones about how you should treat a girl ''Treat a girl as a person, not an object'' 100,000 likes I mean what the ****. Also the common sense memes piss me off so much

ReputationRep:
    One thing that makes me laugh is people who upload over 200+ photos for one event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

"**** cancer"

Maybe they do have family members or friends ill. Some people don't tell people everything. & then those people sometimes make obscure posts on facebook as a way of sort of expressing how they feel.

Idk, just another possibility, I know one person who I suspect does this.

I reeeeally can't stand those like fishing pics, there was one yesterday that said "LIKE IF YOU'D TAKE A BULLET FOR YOUR MOTHER. IGNORE IF YOU'D LET HER DIE."

Really?? :lolwut:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.