Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it bad I don't want to get married EVER? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiiiii)
    I'm 22,i like to do my own thing and i like living alone than with someone. I don't want to marry. Single life has been good to me, and I don't feel like I need love to succeed in life.

Girls my age can't wait for their wedding day and actually are already planning it, but me the idea of marriage cringes me back and I just don't see or want to see myself getting married! I don't like looking at wedding dresses, I don't go to weddings I hate them! Probably stems from my parents unhappy loveless marriage.

Is it bad to not get married??

But I probably will end up getting married one day due to social and religious pressure not out of choice!!!
    Not bad at all, I believe you should only get married if you really want to get married. I'm married but it was my choice.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. This is your life, the only one you're going to get, so you should spend it exactly how you want. Marriage isn't an essential part of life - some people genuinely do feel more comfortable in their own company, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you feel that getting married isn't the right thing for you, then nobody (and certainly not religion) has the right to tell you otherwise.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.