Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather live without TV or music? Watch

• View Poll Results: Wish would you rather lose?
    TV
    77.08%
    Music
    22.92%

ReputationRep:
    Television, definitely. I only watch football and the news, and I can keep up with both via the internet, so television.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CipherOfHate)
    I may be a bit biased since next year I'm going to be studying music at uni, but definitely TV. People are brought closer together by music - it appeals to everyone in some form or another, and its lyrics and melodies are remembered and passed on through the ages, building a whole family of listeners and creating common ground for the most different of people.
    TV probably does the exact opposite, especially reality TV, whose main goal is to make you feel much worse about your own life by showing you a family of skinny, spoilt, botox-laden primadonnas who have nothing to contribute to the world yet make more money in a week than you do in a year.
    So yeah, I could definitely do without TV.
    :adore: How I agree...

ReputationRep:
    Hardly watch any tv. Would only miss the sport, and masterchef of course.

ReputationRep:
    Music.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather lose the TV in the long run. Don't watch a great deal of telly anyways but music is needed!

ReputationRep:
    Could easily live without tv.

ReputationRep:
    This was the ask.fm question of the day.... cheeky

And I'd live without TV. Music is more personal.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Film and TV student, but I chose TV as it is becoming increasingly redundant. Music will always be in fashion, whereas due to the rise of social media and on demand services, TV (or TV as we know it now) is dying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Music I find entertaining/theraputic but TV is such an important source of information, ideas, entertainment, and inspiration for me and as I don't really read, so without it I'd be very poorly informed indeed (instead of just moderately ignorant)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.