Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Edexcel unit 8 religion and society exam 17th may 2013 revision help watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    Can you remember what the definition question was for the last section?
    I think it was reform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obliviate)
    I think it was reform.
    Ah, yes, I remember now. I was getting worried for a second that I'd managed to answer the wrong definition question. Thanks for putting me at ease.

ReputationRep:
    you know the d style on 8.3
    something like :''if everyone followed the same the religion there would be no wars''
    can you refer to islam aswell as christianity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganshannon)
    you know the d style on 8.3
    something like :''if everyone followed the same the religion there would be no wars''
    can you refer to islam aswell as christianity?
    Yes, it's best to refer to multiple religions in questions like these.

I think my points for were:

- Wars caused by country intervention to aid a religion (Serbia in Bosnia)
    - Wars caused by clashes between religions over belief (Referenced the Jewish and Muslim claim to Jerusalem)
    - Wars caused by country being one religion but an area being another (Kashmir)

And my points against were:

- Different sections of religions (Sunni and Shia violence in Iraq)
    - Different outlooks on a religion (Taliban and Afghan Govt)
    - Beliefs of religions such as Christianity and Islam in sanctity of life and condemnation of murder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    I thought the exam was incredibly easy. I chose the second option for every section, and found none of the questions particularly challenging. I got 94 UMS in the first unit, and the exam today certainly felt like it went better than that, so hopefully I've secured an A*. I've got to say though, my hand was killing after all that writing.

Grade boundaries wise I think it'll be similar to other years. I imagine the A* boundary will be between 72-74/80.
    Its out of 84 because of the extra 4 marks for Spelling,Grammar and Punctuation in Section 1.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    How did everyone do?
    I am very disappointed with this result 76(b)-I was expecting an A* overall in RE and the exam went so well with lovely questions.I knew the SPaG could throw me off an A* but the result seems ridiculous considering I got 78/80 in the mock and 90(a*) for Unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I am very disappointed with this result 76(b)-I was expecting an A* overall in RE and the exam went so well with lovely questions.I knew the SPaG could throw me off an A* but the result seems ridiculous considering I got 78/80 in the mock and 90(a*) for Unit 1.
    I'm saddened to hear that. I got 100 UMS, which allowed me to achieve an A* overall, and I too felt the exam went very well with lovely questions. Which unit did you do? I did Unit 8, Religion and Society based on Christianity and One Other Religion, and I noticed that the grade boundaries were much higher than usual which could have lead to you achieving a lower mark than you expected. Also, if you felt you did better than your result reflects, maybe it's worth requesting your script? The only reason I can think of why you achieved less than you expected is because you accidentally answered the wrong questions on a section, which is quite easy to do. I for one did the exact same thing in a practice past paper in class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    I'm saddened to hear that. I got 100 UMS, which allowed me to achieve an A* overall, and I too felt the exam went very well with lovely questions. Which unit did you do? I did Unit 8, Religion and Society based on Christianity and One Other Religion, and I noticed that the grade boundaries were much higher than usual which could have lead to you achieving a lower mark than you expected. Also, if you felt you did better than your result reflects, maybe it's worth requesting your script? The only reason I can think of why you achieved less than you expected is because you accidentally answered the wrong questions on a section, which is quite easy to do. I for one did the exact same thing in a practice past paper in class.
    I am use to exam failures now, its quite common to pick up results you didn't expect including good results.I still got 11A*s and 5As.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I am use to exam failures now, its quite common to pick up results you didn't expect including good results.I still got 11A*s and 5As.
    Wow that's really impressive, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I got 100/100 in this one, don't worry Dalek one day you can be as good as me!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got my results yet because I stupidly put a 2nd class stamp on the envelope! *doh*
    If it hasn't arrived by Thursday I'm ringing school for the results.
    This is annoying!

EDIT: So I picked up my results when going to school to get a badge.
    Grade - A
    Raw Mark - 75
    UMS - 87

Kinda disappointed since I got A*s in all my mocks and I thought the exam went better than that. But oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Does any one have the paper?
    I would be grateful if anyone can get hold of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzalgee)
    Does any one have the paper?
    I would be grateful if anyone can get hold of it.
    I think you have to get past papers through a centre (eg school) because of security etc, you can get them though because my RS teacher has a stash of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks darling

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.