Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im really nervous about this exam have a feeling they will have put in some weird questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyox120)
    Laying a brick I am.
    Yeah I know. I feel scared ****less too, even though I did everything I could do.

(Original post by Rubyturner94)
    im really nervous about this exam have a feeling they will have put in some weird questions.
    Right! Like they did in January. Oh God, I hope it isn't too bad. I can't flop twice! :/

ReputationRep:
    Im retaking too and I've been getting good marks in past papers but I'm worried about the odd questions like in January

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Done 7 papers twice for this exam- got 48 in jan which was an E - I must get an A .Everything comes down to this,Friday for core 2 and next Friday for stats - good luck all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone, really hope they don't throw in any weird ones :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    The same things seem to come up in the all the past papers - except the notorious Jan 2013.
    Lets just hope for some good questions

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys, you are all stars, you'll do great! I have C1 followed by FP1 and I'm really stressing about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    good luck, hope it goes well for everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good look everyone taking c1, we just need to smash it even if they put weird questions in. We got this now we know that the paper isn't conventional

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    12minutes until the exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a fair paper. Didn't like the proof question or the adding surds one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    I thought it was a fair paper. Didn't like the proof question or the adding surds one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought the proof one was okay. I could actually do it for a change! And the adding surds was different to previous ones but I didn't find it too challenging either

ReputationRep:
    Overall a good paper!

What did people get for 'k' in the last question. I used the discriminant!

ReputationRep:
    I got k=0 and k=4. I just looked at the graph and worked it out in my head graphically. Not sure how right or wrong I am though. I managed to make it look like I knew what I was doing though

ReputationRep:
    I did what the question asked for proof so hopefully got the method marks.

What did everyone get for the last part of last question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 0 and 1 for k... but I've just realised its a tangent so surely can only have one value?

ReputationRep:
    Lat question shook me up so I left it as the quadratic equation - also did anyone notice the 125 root 5 q that came up again from years ago - that made me smile.For some reason I use the quadratic formula for at least 3 questions especially the circle one ? Anyone else do the same ? Got the last number to be 7 or something ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo7777)
    I think I got 0 and 1 for k... but I've just realised its a tangent so surely can only have one value?
    It could have 2 tangents, depending on the value of k, because it was a reciprocal graph. It had to different curves

ReputationRep:
    I used the quadratic formula three times I think
    For the 125 root 5 question did you get 5^7/2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    Lat question shook me up so I left it as the quadratic equation - also did anyone notice the 125 root 5 q that came up again from years ago - that made me smile.For some reason I use the quadratic formula for at least 3 questions especially the circle one ? Anyone else do the same ? Got the last number to be 7 or something ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yhh same, but i ended up with surds for most of them :/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.