Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    All Ian Holloway;
    “Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!” –After securing promotion to the Championship.

"I am a football manager. I can’t see into the future. Last year I thought I was going to Cornwall on my holidays but I ended up going to Lyme Regis.” – asked whether QPR would be able to beat Manchester City.

“He’s six foot something, fit as a flea, good looking – he’s got to have something wrong with him. Hopefully he’s hung like a hamster – That would make us all feel better. Having said that, me missus has got a pet hamster at home, and his cock’s massive.” – talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/ports...-red-card.html

Also:

"He's not that type of player"
    "He was going for the ball so it shouldn't be a card"

and

"The ball was there and McManaman got the ball as clean as a whistle, then followed through and they collided" Dave Whelan

ReputationRep:
    'I put my right boot on first, then obviously my right sock'.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty generic pre-match interview responses that irritate me:

Reporter: How will you approach the game
    Captain: We're going to go out there and try our best to score

ReputationRep:
    "It's always hard when you come to x ground "

ReputationRep:
    "Bet he couldn't do that on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke." Yes he could you nob

[SIZE=1][URL='http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app']Posted from TSR Mobile[/U

ReputationRep:
    'If anything, he's that too well.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Ah, yes, thank you for reminding me of this particular piece of nonsense. Of the same variety:

'The first goal is so important.'

And

'The next goal is so important'. (At 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-0, 3-0, 3-2...)

Stop the press. :sigh:
    This isn't a piece of nonsense. It's not nonsense in any way, it makes perfect sense. Sure, it's stating the obvious, but it's not nonsense.

Besides, there are games where the first goal is much less important than in other games. You're being hypercritical, or just trying to be funny, and it's not working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Row Z)
    This isn't a piece of nonsense. It's not nonsense in any way, it makes perfect sense. Sure, it's stating the obvious, but it's not nonsense.

Besides, there are games where the first goal is much less important than in other games. You're being hypercritical, or just trying to be funny, and it's not working.
    dat social awkwardness

ReputationRep:
    'They're such a lucky team, we never get any luck'.

'Cristiano Ronaldo needs to stop trying to copy Gareth Bale'.

'Next season will be ours'. I will give credit to Liverpool for this one.

'De Gea doesn't suit English football'.

'Ryan Giggs just keeps getting better'.

ReputationRep:
    Gem from Neil Warnock on Final Score just today, re the Arsenal penalty decision:

"They know the rules (referees) but they don't know the game"

ReputationRep:
    "The ball literally exploded off his foot" Jamie Redknapp
    "I couldn't settle in Italy, it was like living in a foreign country". Ian Rush

Some other timeless classics:

"It's a game of two halves"
    "Goals win you games"
    "Football is a team game"
    "If you don't shoot you're not gonna score"

Anything that comes out of the mouth of Adrian Chiles or Andy Townsend is guaranteed to be as insightful as the guy who reads out the results on final score. The same goes for Alan Shearer.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=KingMessi;42212714]A thread for all of the breathtaking inanity spoken by fans, pundits, journalists, players, managers, commentators, and anybody else commenting on football.

COMMON OPINION IN BRITAIN...VAN PERSI IS BETTER THAN IBRAHIMOVIC...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    "It's a real ding-dong battle between these two sides"

ReputationRep:
    After EVERY Liverpool game where we fail to score. "Oh, but their goalkeeper was in the form of his life!"

Then that old 'We never underestimated them. They were better than we thought' Hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Tom Harrison: "No, the more physical the better. We don't want to end up like the Spanish. We need more physical teams and players."

Yes, why would you want to adopt a style that yields not only the world's finest international pool of players but also a World Cup and two European Championships...:rolleyes: :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Reporter: "So David, what would you like to say regarding people's views about you being a volatile player?"

Beckham: "Well, I can play on the right, in the centre and sometimes on the left."

"I'm a firm believer that if the opposition scores one, you have to score two to win." - Howard Wilkinson

"Argentina won't be at Euro 2000, because they're South American." - Kevin Keegan

ReputationRep:
    'He's not that kind of player.'

Even after the 12th shocking tackle of the season, that one gets bandied around.

ReputationRep:
    'When you are 4-0 up you should never lose 7-1' - LAWRIE McMENEMY

:lolwut: I very much hope this has been taken out of context. Otherwise I'm dumbfounded.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville on Gareth Bale - "When you see him open his legs like that it's a fantastic sight"

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.