Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HTC One vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_x)
    It has a more advanced lens and sensor which means that it's able to capture more light, which results in amazing low light pics.

I took some pics in a dark room just to test the HTC One compared to my mum's Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and I am impressed!
    I'm more impressed with the amount of mess in your house. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    wow that is really crap from the galaxy note 2, from the HTC one's pic, the room seems to be lit well enough and it was daytime as well (from what it seems), but the 1st pic made it look like the room was in virtual pitch black
    It was from under a table and not well lit at all, in fact, for some reason the HTC made the scene appear more lit up even without flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    I'm more impressed with the amount of mess in your house. :eek:

Indeed, that's in the shed mind you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just missed out on the HTC One for 22/month. 600mins, unlimted texts, and 750mb.

ReputationRep:
    My HTC One should be delivered tomorrow or Saturday Cannot wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    I just missed out on the HTC One for 22/month. 600mins, unlimted texts, and 750mb.
    That was an excellent deal. Shame it was on O2 though. Can get a similar deal through t-mobile but at £26pm and with unl data.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the black or silver one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Black, I ordered it originally ages ago through Mobile Phones Direct, they then started messing me about saying stock issues meant it was delayed, but told me the silver one was available for next day delivery. So I swapped my order to that, then I got an e-mail saying they were out of stock of that too but I'd have it within a few days. Then I got an e-mail saying it wouldn't be till the end of April. Joke of a company, they don't respond to e-mails, they lie to keep you with them, can't recommend them at all.

After I gave up on MPD I ordered the black through Phones4U and I'm pleased to say they're able to fulfill the order within 3 days of ordering!

So looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to get mine but I'm going to wait until June, after some more videos on durability tests are posted online, and to see how Apple improve on iOS and there next iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    That was an excellent deal. Shame it was on O2 though. Can get a similar deal through t-mobile but at £26pm and with unl data.
    Do you have a link?

ReputationRep:
    never did get the hype about the low-light camera - surely that's what a flash is for? :stupido3:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a link?
    Don't forget to go through TCB
    http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/c...s&siteid=73902

ReputationRep:
    People just cover up their mistake of buying HTC One by S4's plastic feel and forget all its benefits over HTC One.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylishhair)
    People just cover up their mistake of buying HTC One by S4's plastic feel and forget all its benefits over HTC One.
    Memory slots and perhaps a removable battery are the only real benefits it has over the HTC One. Much of the rest are just gimmicks, or insignificant for most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylishhair)
    I'd rather have a premium feeling phone with a good feature set than paying more for a plastic phone filled with features and gimmicks- most of which wouldn't even be used.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Memory slots and perhaps a removable battery are the only real benefits it has over the HTC One. Much of the rest are just gimmicks, or insignificant for most people.
    Agreed, it really depends on what you want. Each phone has their advantages such as the S4 having a better camera for HD video/normal lit shots and a Micro SD Card. Where as the HTC One has a better camera for low light and boombox speakers for your music.

Just pick the features you want and the design style you want and hey presto. They're both top end phones.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my One and wouldn't change it for any other phone. It's fantastic and does everything I want. Feels fantastic too!

ReputationRep:
    I have the HTC one and can honestly say that I'm so glad I chose it.

Everything about it is great, perhaps the only downside is that you can't insert a micro-sd.

The problem I had with the S4 was that it is so similar to the S3. I had the S3 previously and it was a great phone although the plasticky feel doesn't match the price you pay.

The extra features on the S4 such as look-away to pause video are cool...but you have to ask yourself how much you will use these features. They had some of these similar features on the S3, and after the initial "cool" factor, they were disabled for the rest of the time I had the phone.

The HTC is premium build quality, you feel as though you are getting what you pay for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for phones with an unmovable battery, what happens when the battery eventually goes weak and lasts much shorter?

can you send it back to the manufacturer to replace it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    for phones with an unmovable battery, what happens when the battery eventually goes weak and lasts much shorter?

can you send it back to the manufacturer to replace it?
    Firstly, nowadays with the latest batteries it shouldnt really be noticeable.

Secondly, you can help yourself by not overcharging.

Thirdly, it is covered by the manufacturer only within the period they say. Normally a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.