Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    your a retard. withdrawal method LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvocatDuDiable)
    "For the offence of rape to have been committed the defendant must 1) have penetrated you without your consent, or 2) continued to penetrate you after you withdrew your consent, and 3) the defendant must not have reasonably believed that you were consenting."

1) He had your consent to penetrate you (presumably).
    2) You did not withdraw the consent (to penetrate you).
    3) See point 1.

Referring to 2), you told him not to finish in you, not that he couldn't penetrate you. Not rape.
    That's actually an excellent point. Assuming she didn't actually tell him to stop, then she isn't withdrawing consent (or at least he couldn't know that she was).

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the boy has done anything wrong. You consented. (I'm not a lawyer so I don't really know). But at the end of the day, it's just your word against the boys.

And your use of 'boys being boys' is not an excuse for behaviour you consider to be immoral and wrong. If you believe it to be wrong act on it. But I don't think an offence was committed in this instance. But again, I'm not qualified in the legal sector. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeropoint)
    That's actually an excellent point. Assuming she didn't actually tell him to stop, then she isn't withdrawing consent (or at least he couldn't know that she was).
    A tad hypocritical coming from the guy who said "by asking him not to finish in you you are in principle withdrawing consent for a sexual activity".

Thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this girl doesn't have kids. we don't need anymore stupid people.

ReputationRep:
    "For the offence of rape to have been committed the defendant must 1) have penetrated you without your consent, or 2) continued to penetrate you after you withdrew your consent, and 3) the defendant must not have reasonably believed that you were consenting."

3) See point 1.

Referring to 2), you told him not to finish in you, not that he couldn't penetrate you. Not rape.
    What this poster said. I remember flicking through a criminal law book and rape is something along the lines of "penetration of vagina or anus of a person without said person giving consent to other person" that is probably phrased completely wrong, forgive me. Whereas OP did give the boy consent for penetration and as you rightly said, OP did not withdraw consent from the boy.

You my friend, are good...

Btw, OP, might be worth visiting your local Doctor, just for a check over. Ensure you have no STI's or anything of the like.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever still barebacks girls/guys they've picked up in a club/bar deserves a medal for being a dumbass. I can't believe that this is what you're worried about, I'd be checking myself for STDs ASAP.
    As for your original concern, it was a douchebag move to not pull out when asked but you can't trust people you barely know to do so. As previous posters have said you allowed him to penetrate you and never withdrew the consent. It would be hard to prove that this was rape and he could just say that he ejaculated prematurely and that he couldn't control it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... douchebaggery aside I'd be getting myself checked for STIs and pregnancies. If you really insist on not using a condom then a contraceptive implant might work. You'll still get STIs but not pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeropoint)
    Yeah... douchebaggery aside I'd be getting myself checked for STIs and pregnancies. If you really insist on not using a condom then a contraceptive implant might work. You'll still get STIs but not pregnant.
    Agreed. If you're not going to use a condom, at least use the pill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Upon coming to university I've been quite sexually active compared to only sleeping with one guy before. Shamefully most of the guys I slept with are from nightclubs and spontaneous situations, mostly friends of a friend not just strangers and I don't often use protection. I've exploring what I like sexually more since I've been here and I found I like pleasure delaying guys a bit so they can go for longer and get more eager an excited and I feel more desired. Given we don't use a condom and I usually tell them to stop once they get close before they orgasm as I don't want to take any chances getting pregnant and I kinda like delaying their pleasure, however most recently the guys I was with didn't stop after I asked him to not finish in me. I don't know whether I should report this, in recent affairs many rape victims have been bullied and called names my their whole towns and this guy is very popular and goes to a great uni. Is this behaviour just boys being boys and him being too eager and rough for me or does it constitute the legal definite as rape?
    Did you expect they guy to come out? Go get an std check done and for god sake have some respect for yourself

ReputationRep:
    Dont

ReputationRep:

3) See point 1.

Bravo.

Good that we have rational and level-headed beings present. The OP is clearly lacking in the aforementioned departments.

(Original post by Steevee)
    Technically, you might get a conviction for it, but you'd be an awful person. It's like telling a mate he canborrow something as long as he returns it on Saturday, and then reporting him for robbery becasue you haven't got it back on Monday
    This. It legally could be defined as rape but by the sound of it you put the guy in an almost impossible situation. And I can't believe I'm saying that because I'm a fierce defender of 'no means no'.
    I think you have a very strange attitude towards having sex. You should start using protection, and stop going back with guys from clubs, or asking them back to yours. I did this once and after having sex I DID get raped - as in he hid my phone and wouldn't let me leave and the rest you can imagine. You need to start looking after yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habibul Bashar)
    DO NOT REPORT HIM. That could get him on a Sex Offenders Register and destroy his life prospects. You consented to unprotected sex with a guy you clearly don't know that well.

Whether consensting to unprotected sex counts as consenting to allowing him to ejaculate inside is the same thing in the eyes of the law, I don't know? But, we all know that if it happens, it happens be it by accident, assumed permission or a guy just not giving a toss about a random slut he hooked up with

But, this was bound to happen eventually.

Sort it out girlfriend.
    No means no. If someone says stop and you don't stop, it is rape. That is not opinion, it is factual. It is the definition. The consent was taken away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    No means no. If someone says stop and you don't stop, it is rape. That is not opinion, it is factual. It is the definition. The consent was taken away.
    Oh come on, are you honestly supporting that this guy should be given a rape conviction for this?

This girl was intentionally bringing him almost to orgasm and stopping over and over again, and then when they didn't quite get the timing right he came inside her, and you think that's rape? BS.

A story like this is what harms people who are actually assaulted.

ReputationRep:
    Get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    should report you, why are you trying to ruin sex.

ReputationRep:
    The consent wasn't taken away. She said she asked him not to finish inside her, not to stop penetrating her. Its not always possible to stop yourself finishing, you can make a mistake and lose control especially if you've been drinking.
    Calling this rape just devalues the seriousness of actual cases of rape imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Oh come on, are you honestly supporting that this guy should be given a rape conviction for this?

This girl was intentionally bringing him almost to orgasm and stopping over and over again, and then when they didn't quite get the timing right he came inside her, and you think that's rape? BS.

A story like this is what harms people who are actually assaulted.

(Original post by anonstudent1)
    The consent wasn't taken away. She said she asked him not to finish inside her, not to stop penetrating her. Its not always possible to stop yourself finishing, you can make a mistake and lose control especially if you've been drinking.
    Calling this rape just devalues the seriousness of actual cases of rape imo.
    Sorry, I mis read it.

I thought she'd said stop, but I can't control when I ejaculate. You reach a certain point as a male where it doesn't matter what happens, your parents can walk in, the world can end, you could see the most horrific thing. But you can't stop yourself from ejaculating, because physiologically...well you just can't.

To expect someone to be able to know exactly when they'll *** isn't reasonable. Penetrating someone and then being told to stop and not stopping is rape (which is what I thought had happened). Penetrating someone and ejaculating inside of them by accident is not.

If it wasn't by accident, I don't know if it'll count as rape or not, but intention would be next to impossible to prove.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I mis read it.

I thought she'd said stop, but I can't control when I ejaculate. You reach a certain point as a male where it doesn't matter what happens, your parents can walk in, the world can end, you could see the most horrific thing. But you can't stop yourself from ejaculating, because physiologically...well you just can't.

To expect someone to be able to know exactly when they'll *** isn't reasonable. Penetrating someone and then being told to stop and not stopping is rape (which is what I thought had happened). Penetrating someone and ejaculating inside of them by accident is not.

If it wasn't by accident, I don't know if it'll count as rape or not, but intention would be next to impossible to prove.
    Ahh, no worries then

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.