Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many friends do you actually regularly text? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a really old phone with multi-press typing. For that reason, I've always found it really hard to type and so I've always been really slow. I therefore don't text anyone often and if I need to talk to them I will call them or use skype or steam. My friends don't text each other either even though they have contract smartphones. We just talk to each other directly or phone each other. It's so much easier.

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 people that I regularly text and use up my texting credit on! For us, when we start a conversation, we forget about texting limits and can talk for ages.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly text. I tend to whatsapp a lot though.

ReputationRep:
    Uh, zero.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Really interesting question, I kind of have to talk to some people less to talk to some people more. Like I'll text someone back and forth 24/7 for months, and if I meet someone new who I want to text I need to downgrade and only text the other person sporadically throughout the day..

#First World Problems.

Kind of taking text to include using apps? I mean come on, who SMS's anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I don't text many people, but when I had close friends I did text A LOT :yep:

Now I only really text my dad, brothers or partner. But I use whatsapp a lot more now as I have friends/relatives in other countries and texting them costs too much.

ReputationRep:
    People barely ever seem to text each other nowadays. I only really text people if I can't get hold of them online at all or if I'm meeting up them soon/trying to find where they are on a night out :yep:

ReputationRep:
    None. I'm a loner
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It's terrible just is
    Nothing 'just is' terrible. There must be reasons why you have this opinion :P

ReputationRep:
    0. Haven't used my phone for months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kripple)
    I don't really text my friends, unless it's a joke or something relevant.
    Oxymoron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It's terrible just is
    Completely agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegreenchildren)
    Facebook chat all the way!
    Woah.

How is 2010?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Oxymoron?
    not really buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)

Kind of taking text to include using apps? I mean come on, who SMS's anymore.
    Well, I don't have (m)any friends who use Whatsapp, so what's the point of installing it on my phone? I may as well just text them.

What's the problem with texting?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Woah.

How is 2010?
    What's the problem with texting?

How is the 1990s? Obvious troll is obvious.

ReputationRep:
    1. He's my only friend.... lol

When I was at college I used to text my friends 24/7... (well, BlackBerry Message them)

ReputationRep:
    The only person I text on a regular basis is my boyfriend.
    He doesn't have a smartphone and we both have unlimited messages so I've never used an app instead.

I have two friends that I feel I can text whenever. With other people I find sustained conversation a tad awkward as I often can't be bothered and I think they can tell.

ReputationRep:
    I text my boyfriend and best friend every day without fail. I can talk to them both about pretty much everything over text. The other people on my contacts are either family or people from college/my old school. I sometimes text people from college about generally college type things - never really a general chat. I sometimes Facebook message other people as well, but I'm not the type of person who texts more than they talk in real life if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    only text if its important, aint wasting my credit on no pimp or hoe

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.