Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's The Best/Most Expensive Phone Out Now/About To Come Out? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I think i read an article once asserting that the Iphone costs Apple about £180.

It's simply premium pricing though, just think of all the idiots who think it's top quality.

Once Google finally make a great, comparable phone i imagine they will blow Apple and Samsung away with their pricing policy.
    Yeh, the iPhone 4s cost apple more than the iPhone 5 to build/manufacturer.

ReputationRep:
    I am looking on My02 at the moment, as I can upgrade my phone NOW!

I want an iPhone 5 or a Samsung Galaxy 4, however the latter is not out yet (when is it released?) and the iPhone is sold out in black, which means only white is available.

White iPhone?

Anyway, handset free = £42 per month, with unlimited minutes/texts + 1GB data. Is that a good deal for an iPhone 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Anyway, handset free = £42 per month, with unlimited minutes/texts + 1GB data. Is that a good deal for an iPhone 5?
    I pay £30pm for unlimited minutes and texts with 1GB data on EE, handset was £60 though. I also have the white iPhone and I adore it, so much nicer than the black one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I am looking on My02 at the moment, as I can upgrade my phone NOW!

I want an iPhone 5 or a Samsung Galaxy 4, however the latter is not out yet (when is it released?) and the iPhone is sold out in black, which means only white is available.

White iPhone?

NO NO NO NO NO!

(sorry, bargain hunter kicking in)

You can get the same deal for £27pm as a new customer and £99 upfront.

Plus you need to ask yourself if you actually need unlimited mins and 1GB data. Also ask if a different network can do a better deal (they can)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    NO NO NO NO NO!

(sorry, bargain hunter kicking in)

You can get the same deal for £27pm as a new customer and £99 upfront.

Plus you need to ask yourself if you actually need unlimited mins and 1GB data. Also ask if a different network can do a better deal (they can)
    I don't know anything about phones.

My contract with 02 ran out last summer, and have been rolling on monthly ever since. I would prefer it if I just stayed with 02, never had a problem with them.

ReputationRep:
    Why not consider getting a retention deal from O2 (by ringing them up and getting them to price match the deal they currently do via mobiles.co.uk

For example, why not consider the HTC One which is a great phone which you can get on this tariff from O2.

600 Mins
    Unl Texts
    750mb Data

£22pm + £50 upfront for HTC One.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-...h-code-1530150

You can get an iPhone for £27pm and £99 upfront but the HTC One is worth it so much more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.