Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have massive boobs. How to draw attention away from them? Watch

(Original post by Bdavies06)

My legs are horrible as is my stomach so what other area can I try to draw attention to away from my boobs?
    I know how you feel. I'm quite petite (5ft 1, 8st, size 8) but my boobs are a 32E/F which is really out of proportion with the rest of me which makes them seem massive. My ex said that he was only with me for my boobs and was describing them to all our mutual guy friends I just try to cover them as much as possible and I almost always wear a jacket if I go out so you can't really tell what they're like. I love wearing dresses though so I usually wear a short one (with a high neckline of course) with 6 inch heels so then my boobs aren't the focus.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Someone else in a similar sort of boat as me! I don't wear push ups nor overly padded bras. I think baggy is the best idea until some weight is lost and then they're just not as noticeable

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say so Don't let it affect you too much and don't feel like you have to dress down all the time though just because of your boobs. Even when you were thinner your breasts were still quite large, you can't help it. Dress however you feel most comfortable though

ReputationRep:
    I have incredibly large boobs and always have from quite a young age. I've put on a bit of weight recently and they've just ballooned! I feel boys only like me for my boobs!

I've never been one to brag about the size and sometimes it's very uncomfortable when people judge you on your boobs.

My legs are horrible as is my stomach so what other area can I try to draw attention to away from my boobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have this problem too, having IB exams in May and recently put on some weight as well... My boobs are just like enormous -,-
    I try to wear loose dresses and no push-up bra under no circumstance! Also, like a few months ago I dyed my hair dark red Have green eyes so with a nice make up it draws attention away pretty nicely. Although there are still guy who are all just looking down with this big smile...
    You can't chance genetics, you can lose some weight (that's what I'm planning to do ) but they won't get much smaller...
    My friend needs surgery to make hers smaller because it's really terrible for her spine... If you're not there yet it's all good
    Try to smile as often as possible - usually can help

ReputationRep:
    This is my problem. As they are my only asset I do send pictures and then feel incredibly guilty and bad afterwards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will be more than happy to provide contact details for you to follow through on this...

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately the face is a no go! I have blonde hair which I guess naturally attracts some attention. Maybe I should just dress as a gangsta with shades, baggy sweats and an Adidas hoody, then it's all covered!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you have some nice features other than your breasts. If you like your hair, maybe do that up a little? Nice hair tends to have a surprisingly large effect on general attractiveness.

Although I doubt you actually look as bad as you seem to think you do. It sounds more like insecurity than actual unattractiveness to me. But I can't say much about that since I actually have no idea what you look like (other than what you've said in this thread, anyway).

Or, you could wear baggy clothes to kind of reduce the visual impact of your breasts (that doesn't have to look bad - I've seen some girls in really nice baggy blouses and dresses, for example), and find a guy who likes you for something other than your appearance. Drawing attention to another body part instead won't fix the problem of guys only wanting you for superficial reasons.

ReputationRep:
    In on not-so-subtle brag thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaka)
    Attachment 208939

You're almost obese. I think losing some weight would be the best way to draw attention away from them...
    lol why did you calculate the OP.'s bmi she didn't ask for that

Will you do mine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have big boobs (34H) and the best way I use to make them look smaller is:
    - Make sure I'm wearing the right size bra, no padding, just quite a grannyish bra. (haha), it's always a good idea to spend a bit of money (£25-£30 on a good quality bra for the larger cup-sized lady)
    - Wear a tight (but well fitting) top, that is HIGH NECKED.

That way, the bra doesn't push the boobs up, so you don't have any cleavage and then the top pulls them in even tighter so they look smaller.

PLEEASSE do not resort to 'baggy clothes' to try and cover them up, they're very rarely pulled off well, and it would be much better to wear lovely clothes that you see on the hanger and like rather than thinking 'I'm wearing this to cover up my boobs'

To the people talking about losing weight (yeah, good advice IF that's OPs aim in wanting to be healthier/if she's unhappy with her weight etc) but I lost 3 and a half stone one time and barely went down one cup size. :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    1. You need to loose weight. I know it's easier said than done, but it trully makes a difference.

2. Never show any cleavage. Many women show cleavage as they know this attracts men and hence many clothes show cleavage. There are clothes out there that hide this, and i recommend you buy them.

3. You should avoid tight fitting tops. We love the female shape, and boos are highlighted when you wear something tight. You can wear thight jeans, etc, just nothing tight on your torso.

4. If your hair attracts attention due to its colour and this disturbs you, change it. You can darken both your hair and eyebrows with dyes found in boots or other stores.

5. Wear the right size bra and be sure that this doesn't pad or up-lift the breast

ReputationRep:
    I have incredibly large boobs and always have from quite a young age. I've put on a bit of weight recently and they've just ballooned! I feel boys only like me for my boobs!

I've never been one to brag about the size and sometimes it's very uncomfortable when people judge you on your boobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just wear tops that actually cover your bust, not ones which show cleavage. If your covered up then it shows that men are very rude to be staring at a conservative and proper lady?

ReputationRep:
    grow a moustache

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iXcorre)
    I have big boobs (34H) and the best way I use to make them look smaller is:
    - Make sure I'm wearing the right size bra, no padding, just quite a grannyish bra. (haha), it's always a good idea to spend a bit of money (£25-£30 on a good quality bra for the larger cup-sized lady)
    - Wear a tight (but well fitting) top, that is HIGH NECKED.

That way, the bra doesn't push the boobs up, so you don't have any cleavage and then the top pulls them in even tighter so they look smaller.

PLEEASSE do not resort to 'baggy clothes' to try and cover them up, they're very rarely pulled off well, and it would be much better to wear lovely clothes that you see on the hanger and like rather than thinking 'I'm wearing this to cover up my boobs'

To the people talking about losing weight (yeah, good advice IF that's OPs aim in wanting to be healthier/if she's unhappy with her weight etc) but I lost 3 and a half stone one time and barely went down one cup size. :ashamed2:
    High necklines make boobs look bigger, mine always look like a shelf (I'm sure Gok Wan mentioned this as well).
    Don't go for really low cut drawing attention to your cleavage, but about half way down. I'm a 34F (and mostly an overall size 12) and I wear a necklace with an average sized chain and most of my tops reach the bottom of the pendant. Helps make them look smaller.
    Baggy hoodies do work, but they don't make your figure look good, like you said.

I've gone from the high end of 14/low end of 16 down to the high end of 12 (still need a 14 in skinny jeans) and actually went up a cup size in the process (answers on a postcard as to why that happened!), so agree again that this isn't the best option. Although if the OP wants to lose weight she should go for it as it won't hurt to be more healthy.

ReputationRep:
    are they big like watermelons? or like a pair of coconuts?

ReputationRep:
    I heard that if you soak place your boobs in a large bucket of water, the water from your boobs can actually flow out of them and into the bucket by osmosis. The same if true for if you have small boobs - you just have to concentrate and believe in yourself <3 <3.

Good luck on your boob goals of 2013.

ReputationRep:
    You should trust me, I am doing medicine at Cambridge and will be a Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.MBBS)
    I heard that if you soak place your boobs in a large bucket of water, the water from your boobs can actually flow out of them and into the bucket by osmosis. The same if true for if you have small boobs - you just have to concentrate and believe in yourself <3 <3.

Good luck on your boob goals of 2013.
    Seems legit. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    why hide them? I don't think anyone whose opinion matters is looking down on your for having a massive pair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.MBBS)
    You should trust me, I am doing medicine at Cambridge and will be a Doctor.
    The MBBS in the name says otherwise

ReputationRep:
    it seems like big tit central round here

ReputationRep:
    It was originally about asking for advice(granted some great advice was given) but things seem to have gone a bit tits up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.