Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lancesephyr)
    another Mullah plagiarising something, nothing to see here go home

I am not plagiarise. I posted original link but moderation delete my thread because of spamming. I have posted this thread three times, the first two both deleted by moderation and i also got banned for two weeks. So this is why i am post transcript instead, because i will banned again if i post link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    No, but polygamy being logical is a justification for society to prefer polygamy
    If it was the right way to go surely it would be more widely accepted ^^ people do Inge for many different reasons and for some people logic isn't even on the table just because we are beings ruled by emotion, community society as well as rationality :P

P.s I'm not here to have an argument, just putting my opinion across they're all of equal value
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    It's not something that needs to be argued about, let people do as they wish.

Edit: Just realised Mullah.S is back!
    Indeed! Just when I thought her grammar had improved. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orenjichan)
    As far as (western) society goes, it's morally wrong to cheat and I'd argue that that's what ruins the relationship rather than the 'innate need to be polygamous'. If you don't fancy the person anymore (it does happen, people change) break up with them or accept the responsibility you have and then you can sleep with whoever you want. (I know it's not that simple in real life). And relationships lose value in the sense that some men are ready to engage in short term dating and move on and it's becoming more and more acceptable. Overall however, that often leaves a heap of single struggling mothers which fend to bring up the next generation just because some men don't feel the need to commit and provide. I'm not saying that everyone is like that but the idea of polygyny being 'right' just makes all that acceptable but at what cost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about man who wants to commit and provide to family very much, but the single mother wants divorce because he having sex once with another woman? It is the very because of monogamy that you do getting single mums who have children on they're own.

Why is it morally wrong to be polygamy?

If it was the right way to go surely it would be more widely accepted ^^ people do Inge for many different reasons and for some people logic isn't even on the table just because we are beings ruled by emotion, community society as well as rationality :P

P.s I'm not here to have an argument, just putting my opinion across they're all of equal value
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    At one point, abolitionists in west were being extreme minority. There were very few people who were actively against slave trading. The slavery was being widely accepted for a period of time. Does this meaning it was correct?

Also, homosexual abuse is also at one period being widely unaccepted. Is the showing something about its moral?

ReputationRep:
    What about man who wants to commit and provide to family very much, but the single mother wants divorce because he having sex once with another woman? It is the very because of monogamy that you do getting single mums who have children on they're own.

Why is it morally wrong to be polygamy?

At one point, abolitionists in west were being extreme minority. There were very few people who were actively against slave trading. The slavery was being widely accepted for a period of time. Does this meaning it was correct?

Also, homosexual abuse is also at one period being widely unaccepted. Is the showing something about its moral?
    In that first scenario, the divorce wouldn't happen if the man was committed to their wife. It can't be because of monogamy because If the man was monogamous then this wouldn't be happening. Do you see?
    If say, the woman accepts that the man has cheated on her, what's to stop him from doing it again and possibly having children with other women (for which he would possibly have to provide for, and leave the first). I'm saying its disadvantageous to women in almost all aspects.
    And it seems morally wrong because that's what society thinks and that must stem from some innate need for steady relationships and commitment.
    Lastly, the example of slave trade is just strengthening my point... Of course it was wrong. It just shows that people are never consistent and act simply based on one motivator. And if it goes down that deep... You could say that slavery was to satisfy rich people's/countries selfish and greedy needs. Polygyny is also for those who don't seem to have enough and don't necessarily look at the consequences on other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Polygamy means woman can also have secured with multiple man

ReputationRep:
    Polygamy means woman can also have secured with multiple man
    Yes but as I said multiple partners is mostly disadvantageous to women. Plus how can you guarantee security if men are encouraged to hop from one flower to another?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes but as I said multiple partners is mostly disadvantageous to women. Plus how can you guarantee security if men are encouraged to hop from one flower to another?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You cannot guarantee. But neither can monogamy guarantee. All monogamy can guarantee is that when man does hops to the other flower, the children of the first flower 100% are guarantee to have broken family and they losing large sum of money each in legal fee for divorce lawyer.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot guarantee. But neither can monogamy guarantee. All monogamy can guarantee is that when man does hops to the other flower, the children of the first flower 100% are guarantee to have broken family and they losing large sum of money each in legal fee for divorce lawyer.
    Lets just agree to disagree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The problem is without Monogamy 25% of men would end up with 100% of the women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildrover)
    You are just doing tautology of monogyny

you are not doing explain why this is bad?

ReputationRep:
    This is a kick in the balls for feminism.

Don't you think it's an insult to your wife to say 'you are not enough to satisfy me'. A truly loving couple should be satisfied with just each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    This is a kick in the balls for feminism.

Don't you think it's an insult to your wife to say 'you are not enough to satisfy me'. A truly loving couple should be satisfied with just each other.
    Why? you are arbitrary ascribing 'truly loving' to monogamy

ReputationRep:
    Why? you are arbitrary ascribing 'truly loving' to monogamy
    No but if the other women the man is seeing are just whores for sex isn't that very disrespectful to his wife?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why polygamy is illegal, let people make their own damn choices about their personal lives as long as they are not exploiting others.

ReputationRep:
    No but if the other women the man is seeing are just whores for sex isn't that very disrespectful to his wife?

why is it disrespectful? what is intrinsic disrespectful?

is in fact more respect to the wife, because man is choosing wife over all the other whore woman to have as his wife. What is making man choose to have the wife as his wife over the other whore? Is respect and 'true love'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildrover)
    This is one of the reasons why it should not be legalized! Polygamy is natural, yes but men committing rape is natural, women committing infanticide is natural, also genocide, torture and war all of those things are natural in chimpanzees and to an extent humans.

But society has been created to try and make those things a remnant of the past, let's pretend society didn't exist for a second lets go with "natural selection" and our instincts.

let's say I wanted sex with someone and they didn't, because of society and moral reengineering, society to an extent overrides biological nature, instead of me biting you in the neck and doing it anyway I don't because it's bad for you and i'm taught to consider others, natural selection don't do this, let's legalize rape then, it's natural is it not?

The same applies to polygamy, which is actually quite harmful to all women jealousy and resentment to eachother is common among polygamist families, and most men as they never have a partner. Monogamy creates equality among the sexes as its basically saying a man and a woman are both as good as one another, it's the same with homosexuality, which, yes is natural, but unlike polygamy and rape isn't oppressive, or harmful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why is it disrespectful? what is intrinsic disrespectful?
    Fine it would not be disrespectful as long as the wife had no self respect. Unless you place absolutely no value in sex.

By sleeping with whores, the man says his wife does not satisfy him and that the intimate bond shared between them means nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    This is one of the reasons why it should not be legalized! Polygamy is natural, yes but men committing rape is natural, women committing infanticide is natural, also genocide, torture and war all of those things are natural in chimpanzees and to an extent humans.

But society has been created to try and make those things a remnant of the past, let's pretend society didn't exist for a second lets go with "natural selection" and our instincts.

let's say I wanted sex with someone and they didn't, because of society and moral reengineering, society to an extent overrides biological nature,
    instead of me biting you in the neck and doing it anyway I don't because it's bad for you and i'm taught to consider others, natural selection don't do this, let's legalize rape then, it's natural is it not?

The same applies to polygamy, which is actually quite harmful to all women jealousy and resentment to eachother is common among polygamist families, and most men as they never have a partner. Monogamy creates equality among the sexes as its basically saying a man and a woman are both as good as one another, it's the same with homosexuality, which, yes is natural, but unlike polygamy and rape isn't oppressive, or harmful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But women get to choose aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Fine it would not be disrespectful as long as the wife had no self respect. Unless you place absolutely no value in sex.

By sleeping with whores, the man says his wife does not satisfy him and that the intimate bond shared between them means nothing.

No, by doing sleep with whores is showing natural human nature instinct, like all other mammal in animal kingdom who is doing sex with more that one partner. Who is making rule that sex with more that one partner is not moral? is all arbitrary.

The man is actually showing more respect because he choosing to have family with wife, have children with wife, live with wife, raise family with wife, die old with wife, whereas whores are just sex. This desire for family is much more meaning that sex, and the man is showing the family is more important than sex because he is not having family with any one else (only sex)

The man is also not saying to woman she cannot sex other man whore, so this is mutual respect.

why is woman not having self respect for doing this? how is it no self respect? do please some explaining on this commenting?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.