Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You get used to it Keep at it, the better you get then the more cool stuff you can try out!

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I don't actually know if I lucid dream, I always forget my dreams when I wake up and think I controlled it when I remember but have no idea

Also, people here are talking about how it took lots of practise - how do you actually train yourself to lucid dream?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    My own experiences are completely different from anonymouse's - I'm not one of those people who naturally lucid dream, I had to learn, but it didn't take much effort. It doesn't "**** you up" to see weird things in a mirror - aside from anything else, you're dreaming, so you don't really feel emotions the same way (in general, in my experience, emotions in dreams are either massively, ridiculously overamplified, or pretty much not present). You take very weird things in your stride (as if it were completely natural for you to have seven fingers, for example - that's my stock lucidity test). I've never been haunted by dreams (at least, not for longer than about five minutes after the dream ends)…
    How do you train yourself to do it? I've accidentally done it a couple of times before.

ReputationRep:
    I love lucid dreaming, but I haven't had one for a few years now. I keep trying to induce them, but not having much luck.

Anyone had a lucid nightmare?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Anyone had a lucid nightmare?
    Yup, but they're rare because you can turn a nightmare into a non-nightmare with a bit of practice
    (Original post by FridayI'mInLove)
    How do you train yourself to do it? I've accidentally done it a couple of times before.
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Is it weird that I don't actually know if I lucid dream, I always forget my dreams when I wake up and think I controlled it when I remember but have no idea
    Also, people here are talking about how it took lots of practise - how do you actually train yourself to lucid dream?:/
    I followed https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming
    It takes a bit of practice in waking life to perform checks that will lead you to notice that you're not dreaming; then out of sheer habit you perform those checks in a dream and realise that you're dreaming, because the checks turn out differently. After a while, you get to be able to tell when you're in a dream without performing the checks (although not very reliably, in my experience - I've never thought I was dreaming when I was actually awake, though.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyJ_26)
    Hey, just wondering what is lucid dreaming because i been having tbe same dream every night for the past year.

If I was ever aware that I was dreaming, it would be one satisfying wet dream.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, but they're rare because you can turn a nightmare into a non-nightmare with a bit of practice

I followed https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming
    It takes a bit of practice in waking life to perform checks that will lead you to notice that you're not dreaming; then out of sheer habit you perform those checks in a dream and realise that you're dreaming, because the checks turn out differently. After a while, you get to be able to tell when you're in a dream without performing the checks (although not very reliably, in my experience - I've never thought I was dreaming when I was actually awake, though.)
    Pretty cool, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    Don't think of trying lucid dreaming. Sometimes it will go wrong and you will have dreams that haunt you for the rest of your life.

Some things are psychological like we never see ourselves in a mirror, or even look in the mirror in the first place, in our dreams.

Lucid dreaming removes these psychological boundaries, and if you see your face in the mirror and the background is black or something really unnatural, then that's gonna **** you up.

Posted from TSR iPad
    i think this person is talking about drugs ,lucid dreaming is fine

ReputationRep:
    Im quite interested in this too. Has anyone heard of remee? It is said that this can help u with controlling it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumerest)
    Im quite interested in this too. Has anyone heard of remee? It is said that this can help u with controlling it
    Sure it can help if you're a beginner but why pay money when you can learn for free?

For anyone in this thread wanting to learn a good website for guides and tutorials is www.dreamviews.com, my username on there is djpatch999 so if you need any help with anything on that side of things feel free to message me.

On another note, a lucid nightmare can be the scariest thing in the world at first because of how vivid and real it feels. But after a minute things get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A good thing to help you remember your dreams is to keep a Dream Journal. Every morning write down what you remember, even if it's nothing just write "remembered nothing" This will get you into a habit of doing it and it tells your brain that you want to remember your dreams.

To learn how to lucid dream click the link in the above post I made and it contains all of the knowledge you could ever want or need

ReputationRep:
    It's a dream where you are aware that you're dreaming, and you have perceived control over the dream. It's happened to me once, and I was on a super yacht somewhere at a party, and 'I decided' to go up to the top deck and dive into the pool.. Scared the crap out of me when I did!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunarench95)
    It's a dream where you are aware that you're dreaming, and you have perceived control over the dream. It's happened to me once, and I was on a super yacht somewhere at a party, and 'I decided' to go up to the top deck and dive into the pool.. Scared the crap out of me when I did!!
    You should have tried to breathe underwater, that's always a fun thing to try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djpatch)
    I would hate it.. The fact that I'd managed to get myself to jump into a pool was strange enough to wake me up.. (EVEN THOUGH I LOVE SWIMMING!!).
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    I would hate it.. The fact that I'd managed to get myself to jump into a pool was strange enough to wake me up.. (EVEN THOUGH I LOVE SWIMMING!!).
    You can do insane dives - you can jump, and fly up to whatever height, then shoot back down

ReputationRep:
    A good thing to help you remember your dreams is to keep a Dream Journal. Every morning write down what you remember, even if it's nothing just write "remembered nothing" This will get you into a habit of doing it and it tells your brain that you want to remember your dreams.

To learn how to lucid dream click the link in the above post I made and it contains all of the knowledge you could ever want or need
    I have known about lucid dreaming for the past couple of years, although I have never really got around to committing to it. How long did it take you from starting to record your dreams and performing reality checks to having your first lucid dream?

ReputationRep:
    Haha you get used to it ;D

(Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    I have known about lucid dreaming for the past couple of years, although I have never really got around to committing to it. How long did it take you from starting to record your dreams and performing reality checks to having your first lucid dream?
    It took me about 5 months but I didn't actually start trying properly until about 4 and a half months after I got interested. So in fact it took me about 2-3 weeks. After that I managed about 3 a week until the exams hit :P If you want to see my lucid dream journal it's stored online here: http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/djpatch999/lucid/

ReputationRep:
    Just had a thought, what do you guys think to having a Lucid Dreaming subforum? I was thinking of getting in touch with a mod of something since there seems to be a lot of interest in Lucid Dreaming :P
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Just had a thought, what do you guys think to having a Lucid Dreaming subforum? I was thinking of getting in touch with a mod of something since there seems to be a lot of interest in Lucid Dreaming :P
    Not quite sure where it would go - Hobbies and Interests?

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure where it would go - Hobbies and Interests?
    I have no idea either haha I'd say hobbies and interests too though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.