Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who were your favourite players growing up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Totti, Buffon and Barthez on an international scale. Lee Peacock probably the first player I vaguely remembered for my own team.

ReputationRep:
    Figo, Raul, Zidane. The glorious three ...

ReputationRep:
    I think Everyone would have Heskey in their list but purely because of the Laughs we got out of him.

ReputationRep:
    Van nistelrooy,Rooney,Ronaldo,Ronald inho,Henry,Zidane,Lampard,Gerrar d,Messi,Scholes,Vidic,Ferdinand, Robben

ReputationRep:
    Steffen Freund, David Ginola, Les Ferdinand, Sol Campbell (lol), Paul Robinson.

Also a big fan of David Beckham and a lot of the Man Utd ilk back in that day.

ReputationRep:
    at wycombe - roger johnson, tyson and torres

overall - henry, shearer , gerrard, ronaldinho and beckham

ReputationRep:
    Frank Rijkaard, Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten and Roberto Baggio.

ReputationRep:
    Tomasz Radzinski, Duncan Ferguson, Alessandro Del Piero, Rivaldo, Francesco Totti, Eidur Gudjohnsen

ReputationRep:
    Raul
    Michael Owen
    Ronaldo (the Brazilian centre forward)
    Ronaldinho
    Roberto Carlos
    Van Nistelrooy
    Iker Casillas

ReputationRep:
    Zidane, fat Ronaldo, Totti, Henry and Alonzo.

ReputationRep:
    Henry, Zidane, Bergkamp, Raul, Ronaldinho, fat Ronaldo,Roberto Carlos, Viera,Cafu, Trezegeut, Pires, Beckham, Kaka, Gerrard,Seaman.

ReputationRep:
    Juan Pablo Angel, Olof Mellberg, Dwight Yorke. Aside from Villa players, the three R's - Ronaldo(Brazil), Rivaldo and Ronaldinho, and also Roberto Carlos. I loved watching Brazil as a kid. I remember taping all of their games at the 2002 World Cup so that I could watch them back

I really liked Beckham in his United days as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

My name is luke and I am sure anyone taking thier time to read this is a huge football fan like myself.

I am currently writing a dissertation in my final year at Bournemouth Uni on the portryal of footballers in the newspapers, and trying to find out if this portrayal effects football fans.

As the thread says I need your help by, you the football fans, taking a 5 mins of your day to fill in my questionnaire. It will be hugely appreciatted and will be exactly what I need to help me, the view of the football fan.

The link is below and I thank you greatly for your time.

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/121498...s-in-the-media

ReputationRep:
    Cantona firstly when I was very young. Between the ages of 5 and 7 I (apparently) insisted that my mam get me collared shirts so I could walk around with the collar turned up.

Giggs and Irwin then really. Giggs because I am left-footed and Irwin for the Irish connection.

United apart, I really liked Francesco Totti. Remember watching the Italian football on C4. Halcyon days. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ashley cole, roberto carlos, eto'o, drogba, Riquelme

ReputationRep:
    David Beckham

Ronaldo

ReputationRep:
    spiderman

ReputationRep:
    Top 10 in order:

Scholes
    Solskjaer
    Javier Zanetti
    Alessandro Nesta
    Christian Vieri
    Hernan Crespo
    Fabio Cannavaro
    David Seaman - looked like a proper goalkeeper, almost made me want to be a goalkeeper.
    Andy Cole
    Gabriel Batistuta

ReputationRep:
    Cantona, Scholes, Schmeichel, Del Piero, Figo, Roberto Carlos, Vieri, Zidane, Ronaldo

ReputationRep:
    Zidane, Totti, Nakata, Thuram, Vieira, Rivaldo, Henry, Okocha, Figo, Cocu, Ljungberg.......to name a few lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.