Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wear chinos almost every day, and I don't think I look any less professional that some of my peers who turn up in suit trousers.

My personal attire related bugbear is tatty shoes; I really don't get why people will pair a nicely ironed shirt with some decent trousers before ruining the whole effect by donning a tatty pair of childish looking shoes they probably wore to school. You don't need to spend a fortune on shoes to look presentable, just buy something grown up from Clarks and learn to polish them properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    I wear chinos almost every day, and I don't think I look any less professional that some of my peers who turn up in suit trousers.

My personal attire related bugbear is tatty shoes; I really don't get why people will pair a nicely ironed shirt with some decent trousers before ruining the whole effect by donning a tatty pair of childish looking shoes they probably wore to school. You don't need to spend a fortune on shoes to look presentable, just buy something grown up from Clarks and learn to polish them properly.
    I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

ReputationRep:
    If you're a med student/junior Dr I would go for smart-casual stuff. You want to look like you made an effort but also approachable. And from what I've seen if you're consultant you can wear whatever the hell you want except your birthday suit! Although pretty sure being bare above and below the elbows would do wonders for infection control...

Also if you're on anaesthetics/ICU/A&E you can usually sneak in some converse/trainers with your scrubs, cause you look a mess anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Doctors should dress smart casual as they are professionals and patients expect to speak to someone who is dressed accordingly. At the end of the day it must also be very comfortable and easy to wash and iron after a hard days collecting germs from hospitals etc. and stop the spread of infection.

ReputationRep:
    I just show up in a gimp suit most of the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.