Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yayay! what field are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jezzabell37)
    yayay! what field are you doing?
    Adult, but I've transferred to the bsc I'll still be at the Derby centre though ^^
    What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just confirmed for children's nursing too!!

ReputationRep:
    What for, Masters, Bsc or Gen? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the masters in mental health.....can't wait till January! Need to sort out bursary now:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeirdLittleO)
    Adult, but I've transferred to the bsc I'll still be at the Derby centre though ^^
    What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *waves* congrats on your offer! I'm doing the BSc at the Derby centre so I guess I'll see you in September then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amabel)
    *waves* congrats on your offer! I'm doing the BSc at the Derby centre so I guess I'll see you in September then
    Oo awesome are you staying in halls or living at home?

ReputationRep:
    Oo awesome are you staying in halls or living at home?
    I'm going to be living at home with my husband & commuting in- it'll be a longish journey for me since I'm not local to Derby or Nottingham! Will be worth it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be living at home with my husband & commuting in- it'll be a longish journey for me since I'm not local to Derby or Nottingham! Will be worth it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah fair enough I'll either commute from Nottingham or live in Derby, not sure yet.
    Where will you be travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the GEN children's branch, i am so excited already!

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough I'll either commute from Nottingham or live in Derby, not sure yet.
    Where will you be travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd rather not say on the open forum but it's an hour and a half door to door travel time on public transport to uni (joy!) Am hoping to pass my driving test by early next year so I can drive to placement though

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather not say on the open forum but it's an hour and a half door to door travel time on public transport to uni (joy!) Am hoping to pass my driving test by early next year so I can drive to placement though
    Ah fair enough don't blame you!
    It's exciting isn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukestar)
    I'm going to Notts this September for the BSc in adult nursing and I'll be at the QMC too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've also firmed Notts for Adult! I'm so excited. Have you applied for your accommodation?
    Just trying to talk and get to know a few people who are starting at Notts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophwake)
    I've also firmed Notts for Adult! I'm so excited. Have you applied for your accommodation?
    Sweet ! And yeah I have yourself ?? And there's nothing wrong with that message me if you wish :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophwake)
    I've firmed for Nottingham adult nursing too . Accomadation wise I've decided to go for rayliegh park because it seems the best option, had to compromise on the ensuite though! Haha

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed the Adult Msci and have the Adult Bsc as my insurance, so if I get the grades I will definitely be going to Nottingham in September

What accommodation is the best for nursing students? I was looking at Raleigh Park, is this were most other nurses go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy058)
    I have firmed the Adult Msci and have the Adult Bsc as my insurance, so if I get the grades I will definitely be going to Nottingham in September

What accommodation is the best for nursing students? I was looking at Raleigh Park, is this were most other nurses go?
    Hello, I also have a place in september, but for mental health nursing. At my interview they said most the nurses are at Raleigh park, that's where I have put, and where I got a place for my accomodation, so I'm (hopefully) assuming that most of the other nurse students will be there too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessies1)
    Hello, I also have a place in september, but for mental health nursing. At my interview they said most the nurses are at Raleigh park, that's where I have put, and where I got a place for my accomodation, so I'm (hopefully) assuming that most of the other nurse students will be there too.
    Oh that's interesting to hear , I've gone to St Peters court because of the en-suite there and I didn't see the point in catered meals when you miss them 99% of the time whilst undertaking a medical degree such as the fields of nursing. I'm going to be doing the BSc in adult nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think all nurses are in either St. Peter's court or rayliegh park because its self catered and closest to the QMC and city centre . Is it Madison court and Sillitoe court at Rayleigh that all nurses go for? Not sure what court to pick?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone staying in Lonsdale halls in Derby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.