Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really hope internet comes up, I have so many points for that... Has anyone got any points/notes for cinema? I hate this topic, looking through the book, but I literally cannot think of anything -.-

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and how much does everyone write for the essay?

ReputationRep:
    how many points do you guys include for the essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckiiiiiiii)
    Oh, and how much does everyone write for the essay?
    About 2 sides, but after I think you'll find you write more in the exam because of the line/page size, as I found out during my French exam yesterday.

(Original post by rosa18)
    how many points do you guys include for the essay?
    4-6, it depends, if it's an ads and disads essay, I'd write 3 of each, otherwise I'd think 4 strong points would be enough!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=boumavilla;42751899]About 2 sides, but after I think you'll find you write more in the exam because of the line/page size, as I found out during my French exam yesterday.

Yeah, I wrote about 3 pages yesterday, whereas usually I struggle to do 2 :')

ReputationRep:
    Do you give 2 sides to an argument, or only one? E.G. Does TV have a good or bad influence in society? Would you talk about both with a final conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    Here's how I structure my essays (I normally do well ):

1. Introduction - a few lines about the general topic (e.g. "hoy en día, la gente está muy preocupado por los peligros de Internet...") followed by a summary of what I'm going to write about in the body of the essay (i.e. "en este ensayo escribiré un poco sobre..."). If it's an advantages/disadvantages essay, I'll also give my opinion briefly in the introduction.

2. The body of the essay - two or three paragraphs about some of the main points I've already mentioned in my introduction. If it's an advantages/disadvantages essay, I'll split the body into two parts (for and against), giving different opinions and also some of my personal opinions.

3. The conclusion - very brief summary of the main points of the essay once again, then my own opinion (if it's an advantages/disadvantages essay, I'll give a conclusive opinion of my own). Remember to appreciate the opinions of others too (i.e. "...aunque entiendo que otras personas podrían..."). I find that the conclusion is always a good place to squeeze in some advanced tenses and constructions, such as subjunctives and conditionals (e.g. "si fuera rico/a, cambiaría...").

I hope this helps anyone worried about the structure of their essays.

I'm new to TSR, so if anyone wants to contact me to discuss the exam, or indeed anything in Spanish, feel free to message me.

¡Buena suerte a todos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olimyers)
    Do people think publicity is gonna come up? It's not come up since June 2010.
    my teacher predicts it will- but not exactly sure what to write for it?

ReputationRep:
    heey. out of the 4 main topics, only 3 were asked in january.
    that means healthy living/ lifestyle should come up right??
    so thats like either sport and exercise, holidays or health and well being.. one of these should definitely come up

ReputationRep:
    how many of you use kerboodle at school? good luck for tomorrow btw guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caisku)
    I do!

How long do you guys generally spend on the essay? I get through the listening and reading quite quickly so usually have 1h-1.15 for the writing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caisku)
    I do!

Buena suerte to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think sport will come up? I am hoping so!

+ Good luck, everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mabes)
    How long do you guys generally spend on the essay? I get through the listening and reading quite quickly so usually have 1h-1.15 for the writing
    I do the same with the listening/reading - I get through them quickly (not rushing, but) and then have about 1.15 for the essay. usually have 20 minutes or so at the end to check though

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the paper for Jan13?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any practice essay questions I can have a go at now for La Publicdad o Las Amistades please?

ReputationRep:
    how do you know when to use the subjunctive (for the grammar test at the end)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avb212)
    how do you know when to use the subjunctive (for the grammar test at the end)?

You use the subjective when there is uncertainity or desire and it's most of the time followed with que

for example, pienso que doesn't require the subjunctive because it's a definite thought and there is no doubt in the opinion whereas no pienso que is expressing doubt, and therefore a subjunctive

some common phrases are like

es posible que
    me dudo que

etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrieh)
    Has anyone got any practice essay questions I can have a go at now for La Publicdad o Las Amistades please?
    One we used to practice was "Con el uso de ejemplos, explica lo bueno y lo malo de la publicidad en la sociedad actual." It came from an old AQA paper, though I couldn't tell you which. :/ I think it was from 2009

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott18044)
    One we used to practice was "Con el uso de ejemplos, explica lo bueno y lo malo de la publicidad en la sociedad actual." It came from an old AQA paper, though I couldn't tell you which. :/ I think it was from 2009
    Publicity last came up in June 2010.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.