Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sund1ata)
    Let me get this straight: until 2003, women were expected to be virgins until they married... right! For your information, this is the binge-drinking, E-gobbling, alcohol-sozzled United Kingdom, not the United Arab Emirates!
    'A few decades ago' may have been more appropriate, but how dare you so idiotically attempt condescend me when I was trying to comfort a worried girl .

I was not telling the OP not to have sex; I was telling her not to feel pressured into it.

Your preception of the UK may be 'a binge-drinking, E-gobbling, alcohol-sozzled United Kingdom,' but that doesn't mean that people who don't fit this description should feel insecure about themselves.

If you are still confused, I would check my location on Google Maps to be certain. If you are as seems evident, located in an oil-soaked Arabian sheikdom, that would explain quite a bit.
    :curious:

I think you are still confused. You should check your location on Google Maps to realise that this is reality, not on an episode of frickin' hollyoaks where everyone's popping E pills you piece of sterotypical patronising trash.

Oh, and whilst you're there, you might want a thing or two about grammar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i am 20 years old and i am sick of still being a virgin, it makes me feel abnormal from everyone,i dont know what to do about it anymore.
    Everyone i know is off having sex and im here feeling lonely as ever, i sometimes feel to go out and find the nearest man and have sex with him just to get it over and done with. ive been told just to wait and the right person will come along, but i feel like ive been waiting forever for that to happen.
    Does anyone have any advice for me
    Hello Dear ,

We all have needs. Personally , being a 22 y/o man , I admit that life without a partner is just BAD .... I dream about sex about 600 times per day , whenever I see a woman , I just imagine doing her. lol

Now that being said , I manage to keep myself gathered and not being a " womanizer" by using self-control.

What attract us men to girls besides beauty is [decency] ... Men do not like sluts [ true men, that is].

Look for someone who is going to love you , care about you and who is willing to stay with you for better and for worse.

I am 22 y/o man and I am still a virgin , and there is nothing wrong with that. I would love to meet somebody like you because you are rare ! Do not let anybody underestimate you honey.

Cheers !

ReputationRep:
    In my honest opinion the MOST personal and sacred thing a girl has is her virginity, until the person who you will to spend your whole life with comes along.

It has many reasons to be so to:
    It is an organ where by the most important joy of life comes from. Some temporary but More importantly life long love of bearing children. So it is very important that the one who you feel is important enough in your life that you would bear children with, who will be there until death, should be the only one with access to it.

The moment you lose your virginity to that person, a connection of trust is formed, of his care towards your pain and emotions, an understanding and a tie that is formed when he understands that you entrusted him with the most precious and important thing in your life that you have been protecting. You are happy to create the most precious of things to a mother with him.

remaining a virgin will be worth it when you realise this connection.

And for those who say it is a matter of the past; this is one of the main reasons why marriages do not last in this day and age. And they only care about temporary use, like a disposable tool, you should think to yourself "are you a disposable thing."

They will be many people who will disagree with me, but I assure you those are people who have already made the mistake and cant take it back or are the guys who like disposing things.

(this is the importance of virginity in my opinion)
    Her sacred, child bearing organ? What a weird load of Old Testament rubbish.

The main reason marriages are less likely to last these days is that we've finally fought the horrible religious bullies who would force those in unhappy marriages to stay together through misery and abuse.

Sex is not about a man using a woman, it's about two people doing something mutually enjoyable. Any further meaning is up to you.

Well that's not true, I'm in a long term relationship, I don't dispose of people. So that assurance was wrong, so I guess we can't trust the rest of your assurances.

(Original post by Mankytoes)
    Her sacred, child bearing organ? What a weird load of Old Testament rubbish.

The main reason marriages are less likely to last these days is that we've finally fought the horrible religious bullies who would force those in unhappy marriages to stay together through misery and abuse.

Sex is not about a man using a woman, it's about two people doing something mutually enjoyable. Any further meaning is up to you.

Well that's not true, I'm in a long term relationship, I don't dispose of people. So that assurance was wrong, so I guess we can't trust the rest of your assurances.
    firstly It not out of the old Testament. If I'm not mistaken children are conceived through the uterus.

from what I understand the old generation that were abiding by these principles lived a fuller and Happier life.

long term relationship is life long condition, so don't think your an example of this just yet.

This is my understanding so don't quote me. Just express your opinion without directing it towards anyone else.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i am 20 years old and i am sick of still being a virgin, it makes me feel abnormal from everyone,i dont know what to do about it anymore.
    Everyone i know is off having sex and im here feeling lonely as ever, i sometimes feel to go out and find the nearest man and have sex with him just to get it over and done with. ive been told just to wait and the right person will come along, but i feel like ive been waiting forever for that to happen.
    Does anyone have any advice for me
    Just go with the flow. It'll happen. I don't think there's much need for hang-ups about virginity: my first time was with a stranger but it was still really good and meant furthermore that by the time it was with someone I actually had feelings for I was a bit more experienced so we had better sex. Win win.

ReputationRep:
    firstly It not out of the old Testament. If I'm not mistaken children are conceived through the uterus.

from what I understand the old generation that were abiding by these principles lived a fuller and Happier life.

long term relationship is life long condition, so don't think your an example of this just yet.

This is my understanding so don't quote me. Just express your opinion without directing it towards anyone else.
    Er yes, but we have contraceptives now. And sex is not just about reproduction anyway.

Based on what? I'd say the ability to leave an unhappy marriage would make people happier.

Well in that case no one can. For example Roy Hattersley just divorced his wife of over sixty years. So that's quite a silly definition of long term. In any case, the point stands that I took her virginity in a one night stand, and over two years later we're still together, so that hardly reflects a disposable attitude to women.

I lost my virginity at being newly 15 :/
    I don't regret it, but I would say it was probably a little too early.

Personally, I do think the first time should be special, and losing your virginity should be a big deal. It's exciting and nerve-wrecking, and you don't want to give that to just anyone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.