Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I got 144 which is very good but i never thought it would be in a massively high percentile.

To be honest i don;t consider IQ tests to be a good measure of intelligence but then i view intelligence as the sum of all your knowledge. Rather, i view IQ tests as a much better test of how logical your mind is and perhaps even how bright you are (you can intelligent people who have to push all the way for it, you can also get thick people who are very bright but they skived school ect..).

I do consider myself more intelligent than the average (perhaps upper third or upper quartile) however i consider myself much brighter than i am intelligent largely because i pick up things up extremely quickly but am a pretty lazy student academically.

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly

ReputationRep:
    This is one of his threads

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2297822

We and pretty much the entire
    world have been suffering from an
    economic downturn. What I don't
    understand is why we don't just
    print more money? Then with that
    money we can pay all the debts we
    have and pay people more so they
    can live well?
    But we could just keep the value of
    the money the same and then still
    print more money!
    If this is how intelligent someone in the 99.99th percentile is, then there is no hope for humanity. Of course, the alternative is that you sir, are lying.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    This is awkward. My IQ is 170. :dontknow: I've been in mensa since I was a zygote, too.

Edit: I wasn't being serious. I don't know my IQ. Also, congrats to the OP, for doing well on a test.

ReputationRep:
    IQ = good at gcse not much else to say here
    I suppose after getting frustrated with sharing bus seats and failing alevels one does fall back on their IQ :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Unless the OP is counting in base 8...

(Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    Lol at using an IQ test as a test of intelligence

You getting a high score on an IQ test just means you're good at taking IQ tests, it doesn't represent practical wisdom in everyday dilemmas
    Indeed. I'm doing a maths degree and practical wisdom does not rate highly amongst the aspirations of my peers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    I Googled "quick IQ test" and came up with this:

http://www.quickiqtest.net/

My god. That is bloody impossible! I got 110, but most of it was pure guesswork. It is like the UKCAT all over again!
    God that gave me flashbacks to the UKCAT as well - Vietnam music starts now - though I did a hell of a lot better on that than the UKCAT (got 131)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    you need an IQ of higher than 4 in order to know how to breath
    Then how are you still alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bssjonny)
    Then how are you still alive.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Because I have an IQ higher than 4

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is 133. The same as Jodie Marsh, haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoitsro)
    cool story bro
    needs more dragons
    And a zebra. And a fez. Fezzes are cool :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppet Science)
    God that gave me flashbacks to the UKCAT as well - Vietnam music starts now - though I did a hell of a lot better on that than the UKCAT (got 131)
    Vietnam music indeed!

My UKCAT was a nightmare, ended up running out of time and literally guessing "C" for a bunch of questions and somehow I got an alright mark.

Still have nightmares about it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157
    Who got you tested? Are you Sheldon Cooper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Because I have an IQ higher than 4
    Very imaginative reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    Vietnam music indeed!

My UKCAT was a nightmare, ended up running out of time and literally guessing "C" for a bunch of questions and somehow I got an alright mark.

Still have nightmares about it though
    Ha I remember walking out to the locker and bumping into an old school classmate who had just sat their driving theory... all that went through my mind was:

'You haven't seen the things I have seen the things I've seen, sat the exams I've sat'

Then the worst thing was I realised I still had the BMAT to sit... -sigh-

ReputationRep:
    I'm not telling you.

But if IQ is your main achievement I suggest you adjust your outlook.

Look at me for example. I really annoyed everyone on tsr. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Obvious troll is obvious.

:troll2:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Good for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    Lol at using an IQ test as a test of intelligence

You getting a high score on an IQ test just means you're good at taking IQ tests, it doesn't represent practical wisdom in everyday dilemmas
    Which is ironically enough cause to doubt his intelligence, wouldn't you say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Unless the OP is counting in base 8...

Indeed. I'm doing a maths degree and practical wisdom does not rate highly amongst the aspirations of my peers.
    I was going to make the base joke, but you got there first. Apparently I can't rep anymore posts today... but I rep you in spirit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.