Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to make the most of being single? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is what I do

1. Remind yourself every day that you have an entire bed full of space entirely to yourself (people underestimate the significance of this). Stretch out, take advantage of this lovely room
    2. Go and do stuff you like doing, you don't need to worry about someone else talking about how you never spend enough time with them
    3. Mentally matchmake for other people, it's incredibly amusing
    4. You are allowed to verbally voice your views on any person you find attractive on any occasion you see fit (within reason) because nobody will get jealous

(Original post by Quiet _One86)
    Enjoying time for you again, learn to love your own company..Be able to do the things you felt limited to do alone when you were a couple because you want to share it with them. Make new friends, join new clubs and social gatherings to encourage yourself to do things that you've never done before. With new found lease of life. Granted it takes a while to get totally used to it but you will get there. Think of all that spare cash you might also have not having to spend it on the other person, their families/friends when its birthdays or Christmas. Flippant there, sorry But you get the idea. Who knows if you wanted. You can go back to dating again. But enjoy your own company again is key here.
    Hmm good point! I have been on the verge of being a relationship before, but the guy wasn't right for me and I did feel a bit stifled... I guess you can't be happy with someone else till your happy on your own

ReputationRep:
    Don't think about being single too much, just go out and enjoy yourself! Put yourself out there and someone will come along at the right time

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmm good point! I have been on the verge of being a relationship before, but the guy wasn't right for me and I did feel a bit stifled... I guess you can't be happy with someone else till your happy on your own
    Best of luck and hopefully time will tell when you meet the right person, enjoy your new found freedom and don't let just anyone stand in your way. Who knows you might meet the right person at the right time. Not just cos you're lonely or need a fix ;o)
    Enjoy hanging out with your friends. Join some meet up groups for singles. Don't be afraid to be alone, because you have free reign to do whatever you god damn well please.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.