Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shower when you wake up or before you go to bed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    It depends how I'm feeling. Sometimes I stay awake until I'm exhausted and genuinely can't be bothered to shower, so I go for in the morning. If I'm getting up early, though, I know I'll put off getting up until there is no time to shower properly so I force myself to have one the night before instead.
    :ditto:

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I must be in a minority, in that I refuse to get in bed unless I am clean and smell nice. Every evening before bed I have a comprehensive shower.

I imagine most other people place more emphasis on coming home drunk and covered in vomit/chip vinegar/Budweiser/Paco Rabane One Million Chavs/Lynx Africa and then get straight in bed for a few hours kip.

But wouldn't that philosophy get your sheets smelly?

I like to shower before bed - but that is only if I'm not to tired or stink. Taking a shower is relaxing, so I definitely like it before bed. The one thing I dislike about it is that the next morning my hair is just horrible.

I don't like to shower in the mornings because mornings are colder.

ReputationRep:
    Usually before I go to bed. Especially if I'm washing my hair as it takes a long time to dry. Sometimes if I'm too tired I'll do it in the morning though.

ReputationRep:
    Mornings - my hair would be all over the place (and not in a good way) if I didn't shower in the morning

ReputationRep:
    Showering before you go to bed then getting up in the morning and going about your daily business without a wash is ridiculously scruffy.

My cousin does this and when I asked why he said because he doesn't have time in the morning. For a 5 minute shower.

ReputationRep:
    I always have showers in the morning because it wakes me up. Unless, I really need one in the evening!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Showering before you go to bed then getting up in the morning and going about your daily business without a wash is ridiculously scruffy.

My cousin does this and when I asked why he said because he doesn't have time in the morning. For a 5 minute shower.
    No one can seriously have a shower in 5minutes, I take atleast 20 every morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    No one can seriously have a shower in 5minutes, I take atleast 20 every morning.
    Yes you can. Fair enough it takes longer than 5 minutes to shower and get dressed but the actual shower shouldn't take you 20 minutes. And not doing it is just lazy and poor hygiene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    I do it in the mornings, because if I didn't, my hair would need washing in the morning anyway.
    I have to wash my hair every morning because it sticks up everywhere. I need to wash it, leave it about 15 minutes or so, and then blow dry it for the best results.
    This
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Almost always mornings. If I'm going hiking or doing something in the morning which will cause me to sweat a load then I'll wait till after I've done whatever needs doing.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the middle of the day if possible. In the Winter - not as cold as other times of day; Summer - chance to refresh if the heat makes you sweat.

ReputationRep:
    If I feel mucky, for whatever reason, I'll have a shower before bed. Usually though, I'll shower in the mornings when I wake up.

ReputationRep:
    In the morning, helps me wake up, my hair is always a mess after sleep and I just generally feel a bit dirty if I don't. If I'm feeling a bit greasy or something I'll have a shower before bed aswell though.

ReputationRep:
    I was taught to shower every morning, which is what I always do. It helps me feel refreshed and ready for the day. Sometimes I will also shower in the evenings too, if I'm washing my hair (it's better for me to air-dry it overnight) or if I'm menstruating, ill, or any other reason where I feel a bit dirtier and need the second daily shower. My boyfriend only showers in the evenings as he does messy work as a painter and decorator so it makes sense to just clean up after work.

ReputationRep:
    in the morning, fixes my bedhair and wakes me up enough that i actually go to work

ReputationRep:
    I take a shower or bath in the evenings, definitely baths because you have more time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Morning but if it's one of those mornings where you wake up in a panic and stumble out the door late with one sock on I have to miss it and wait for evening.

But I don't see the point of showering right before bed. Your sheets are surely the muckiest, sweatiest place in your room whether you habitually shower before bed or not.

ReputationRep:
    I shower before bed if I have an early morning and won't have time to let my hair dry, or blow dry it
    Otherwise its usually in the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When wake up. It refreshes you. Going showered to sleep to me somewhat kills the purpose, you will spend around 8 hours in bed, probably slightly sweating, therefore not being as clean in the morning. Wake up, brush your teeth, take a shower, feel great. Before going to bed, you should really feel relaxed, if taking a shower makes you feel that way, go ahead, but I'd rather lay in and watch a movie However taking baths late in the evening is something that I prefer over showers. Also when going out in the evening, showers are good to go!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.