Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is my pof profile ok? do i look ugly watch

Announcements

(Original post by Flyingaround)
    1 out of 100 reply to my message, and then they fizzle. Out after the next reply.

I get excited and start talking about travelling

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=42381693
    Speaking as someone who originally signed up to pof just to fill some time and talk to new people, with no intention of actually meeting people in real life to get relationship, but ended up meeting my long term boyfriend on there, I have some words of advice from a girl's point of view.

(I don't mean to be offensive in anything I say so please don't take it the wrong way.)

Your profile is a bit dull. Not in the things that you are interested in, but the way in which you talk about them. There doesn't seem to be any passion in the things you claim to love doing. This sentence in particular bothers me - "I'd like to share some travels with someone and experience all the great things out there and just immerse into the different cultures." This could be changed to "I'd love to meet a girl who shares my passion in travelling and experiencing new cultures." I don't know how to describe it, you just seem to be lacking some spark...

As for your pictures, you aren't ugly per se, but those also aren't the best pictures to make you look attractive. You seem to have this weird head tilt thing going on, and the photo of your pilot's licence is a bit odd/showing off.

Lastly, if you are diving straight into the whole going travelling thing and just talking about that when a girl does message you back, then it might be a bit off-putting if this is the only thing you seem to be interested in doing.

Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.