Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You've Just Found Out That Your Not-So-Close Friend Has Come Into A Massive Amount Watch

• View Poll Results: Would You Treat Them Differently?
    Yes.
    4.65%
    No.
    55.81%
    Maybe.
    2.33%
    I'd like to think not, but I might end up doing so.
    37.21%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Your sexual innuendo knows no bounds. :pierre:
    Can I hug your leg as well? :teehee: I know you want it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Can I hug your leg as well? :teehee: I know you want it!
    How dare you! :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    How dare you! :flutter:
    Please please! :sexface: I won't bite :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It probably depends on the amount.

£1 - £100. Don't treat differently but make remarks about enjoying curry, liking idea of going to movies, etc.

£101 - £1000 Treat mildly differently. Become slightly excited when prospect of visiting clothes shops comes into conversation. Look pleased for friend.

£1001 - £25000 Act pleased for friend. Express pleasure on their behalf and hint at personal need for selected items of apparel, need to visit Seychelles, general lack of sun in one's wintry existence, etc. Listen more to said friend's conversations about mining disasters of the 1930s or the inner meaning of Plato.

£26000 - £1m Definitely show more interest in friend. Try to make it clear one is special friend of friend. Suggest bonding activities to strengthen friendship, such as the enjoyment of giving expensive presents to special friends. Certainly fawn.

£1m+ Basically freak out, make love to friend whenever called for, act as bag carrier on lavish shopping expeditions, accept tips and hang out poolside. Attempt to show friendship is not changed in any way by it all. Try and show friend one is still sincere and one's original friendship is unaffected and as intense and sincere as ever, even if it was completely shallow originally. Like friend's most trivial utterances on Facebook. Act as photojournalist for friend's worldwide luxury spa tours, posting instagrams regularly.
    Refreshingly honest, but what if they became a major Tory and/or UKIP funder?

ReputationRep:
    This has happened to me. A friend and I used to be very close, but then we drifted as our friendship groups changed. One day I get a text from a mutual friend saying she's recently inherited a very large amount of money. Didn't feel any jealousy or the urge to mooch of her. Quite happy for her really

ReputationRep:
    No. The thought of sucking up to someone because you want their money makes me cringe. I could never act that transparently.

ReputationRep:
    I already have minted friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.