Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This stuff happens everywhere, all the time. Why do people still act surprise? ''The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it''

If you're going to complain about the sentence and whatever, become a Judge and go do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    Her eldest son, Ryan, 23, was convicted of murder and jailed for life in October after he attacked a stranger with a bottle in a chip shop.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-22155807

Our "justice" system has become so pathetic, such an abysmal joke that even when a member of their family is in prison it does not deter them.

The Left have pissed on this country, mollycoddled criminals and left victims hung out to dry.

This is what we get for having a "rehabilitation"-based system rather than one where the crime is deterred from happening in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    If the student wants to, he/she can stay for Sixth Form which covers Years 12 and 13. Generally people in year 12 are 16/17 and people in year 13 are 17/18, however you can go back a year when you're in Sixth Form.
    Isn't it now compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Absolutely disgusting and a sad reflection on the growing trends of violence within our young adults. I think it's not so surprising when you look at the Doran's family history of crime though, so it goes to demonstrate a lack of good parenting.
    Gross. Little scabby demons from hell. I always feel like I wanna humiliate the teens featured in such stories. Really embarrass them and make them feel like the scum they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGenius)
    This stuff happens everywhere, all the time. Why do people still act surprise? ''The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it''

If you're going to complain about the sentence and whatever, become a Judge and go do something about it.
    Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it any less of a tragedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGenius)
    ''The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it''

Should we all have been in Liverpool at 4 in the morning to stop them?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely horrendous. People like this are the reason our generation is frowned upon.

ReputationRep:
    remind me again why we removed the public gallows?

ReputationRep:
    So lefties... You wanna go rehabilitate these "humans?", come on who's the first one of you lot to defend their actions and give them a hug?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Gross. Little scabby demons from hell. I always feel like I wanna humiliate the teens featured in such stories. Really embarrass them and make them feel like the scum they are.
    Torture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagga)
    I don't blame the kids. Its the parents I blame for this... The children are brought up by their parents and should be taught better...
    Don't know why you got negged for that. I completely agree, if those children had been brought up right then this wouldn't of happened.

I'm not saying the blame is completely on the parents, but they were certainty a large factor.

ReputationRep:
    Inbred ****s, hope they rot in hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dathtom)
    Don't know why you got negged for that. I completely agree, if those children had been brought up right then this wouldn't of happened.

I'm not saying the blame is completely on the parents, but they were certainty a large factor.
    They knew what they were doing was wrong, don't be so naive. One was hardly a child, he was 17.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting - both the crime and the sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Her eldest son, Ryan, 23, was convicted of murder and jailed for life in October after he attacked a stranger with a bottle in a chip shop.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-22155807

Our "justice" system has become so pathetic, such an abysmal joke that even when a member of their family is in prison it does not deter them.

The Left have pissed on this country, mollycoddled criminals and left victims hung out to dry.

This is what we get for having a "rehabilitation"-based system rather than one where the crime is deterred from happening in the first place.
    Almost all the evience points towards deterent based systems being ineffective (unless the deterent is really really extreme like execution for speeding but we can't have that).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    Almost all the evience points towards deterent based systems being ineffective (unless the deterent is really really extreme like execution for speeding but we can't have that).
    Go on, expand...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JerzyDudek)
    Isn't it now compulsory?
    I think you either have to stay to 18 or leave at 16 but must be in employment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagga)
    I don't blame the kids. Its the parents I blame for this... The children are brought up by their parents and should be taught better...
    True say

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Absolutely disgusting and a sad reflection on the growing trends of violence within our young adults. I think it's not so surprising when you look at the Doran's family history of crime though, so it goes to demonstrate a lack of good parenting.

The parents are to blame just as much as the children. The whole family should be receiving life sentences. Even if only 2 out of the 3 participated in the murder its self, they are all complicit.

The homeless man in question also had relatives who were not homeless. So I am surprised that they even allowed this man to be sleeping rough. However this fact hasn't received much media attention, which is a shame.

No justice, No responsibility and no one cares. They murdered a defenseless man with no home and purely for their own entertainment.

Shows everything that is wrong this the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    remind me again why we removed the public gallows?
    Beats me, this family are prime for it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.