Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nasty, the effects of this could be huge. Just as the war on terror is winding down a whole new event.

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why someone would want to blow people up who are watching, or are taking part in, a marathon.Hope the officials get those who did it.Disgusting act, their race/religion or whatever else is unimportant.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, poor people.

ReputationRep:
    On one of the clips the BBC just showed you could hear someone shout 'Oh my God, they are all dead'

ReputationRep:
    Switched over from the north Korea documentary to the cnn coverage of the bombing. This is awful!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rightnow.io/breaking-news...011410194.html

3 dead (so far) apparently

ReputationRep:
    The timing of the explosions is a little confusing tho? 3 hours after the professional runners have finished? surely the more dramatic explosion would have been then? or was it designed to hit innocents? - horrible images though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Switched over from the north Korea documentary to the cnn coverage of the bombing. This is awful!
    Really scary, not safe anywhere. It could be the Koreans too

ReputationRep:
    Counter terrorist police patrolling landmarks in NY apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuitUp!)
    The timing of the explosions is a little confusing tho? 3 hours after the professional runners have finished? surely the more dramatic explosion would have been then? or was it designed to hit innocents? - horrible images though.
    Designed to hit more people I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Then again it's probably Muslims, everyone's thinking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munn)
    everyone that had run 25 miles must be doubly pissed off right now
    People are being able to finish, the finish has been rerouted elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the marathon was being run in honour of the victims of the Newtown massacre and some of the families were positioned in the VIP section near the finish line. Awful, just awful, can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts and prayers to those involved in the explosion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Apparently the marathon was being run in honour of the victims of the Newtown massacre and some of the families were positioned in the VIP section near the finish line. Awful, just awful, can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through.
    ****ing hell.

ReputationRep:
    It might sound selfish but I just hope it isn't Islamic radicals/extremists. We have enough bad press atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuitUp!)
    Fewer people hit if timed for the professionals.

I love how your comment implies professional runners are not innocent. :P

ReputationRep:
    https://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

Video of the explosion itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Designed to hit more people I imagine.
    Yeah I agree - either way it was going to be huge. Have any deaths been confirmed? :/

ReputationRep:
    People are ****ing sick.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.