Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Done quite a lot of revision today, mainly just focused on both biology units. Already have written notes but I have started to type the notes up to aid my written notes, it really helps. Will do two past papers tomorrow (did an F211 one last week and got 57/60).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor)
    Do we need to know about the circulatory system of insects? It's in the book but...
    I think I remember seeing a question asking about the difference between an open and closed circulatory system and the merits of those etc... but nothing on specific insects

ReputationRep:
    who gives a dime about the circulatory system of a ****ing grasshopper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    who gives a dime about the circulatory system of a ****ing grasshopper
    Haha, I couldn't agree more. It really is simple though, it's an open circulatory system and the heart is segmented (in simple terms).

I'm going by a different technique of revision now, I aiming to set myself targets, like get 2 chapters done and understood for say F212. It does take longer but it works.

How's your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    Haha, I couldn't agree more. It really is simple though, it's an open circulatory system and the heart is segmented (in simple terms).

I'm going by a different technique of revision now, I aiming to set myself targets, like get 2 chapters done and understood for say F212. It does take longer but it works.

How's your revision going?
    haha

ohh nice, i revised most of the year for biology so I understand most things..

I just need to nail the exam technique, so the only thing I am doing is pastpaper question and if I happen to not understand something I'll read over it in my revision guide!

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd post some predictions.

Cardiac cycle, Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide curves-fetal + adult haemoglobin, bohr shift, meiosis and spirometer.

Any guesses on the plant stuff??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow_Amber)
    Just thought I'd post some predictions.

Cardiac cycle, Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide curves-fetal + adult haemoglobin, bohr shift, meiosis and spirometer.

Any guesses on the plant stuff??
    Translocation as transpiration and xylem came up in january. I doubt the cardiac cycle will come up in june but don't try and predict, just revise everything :P

ReputationRep:
    My predictions

9 Mark question on mitosis (got a feeling that this is going to be on)

a question on the function of a specific organelle

Magnification question

Spirometer 6 mark question

Question asking to label the xylem and phloem on a leaf

ReputationRep:
    So what scores are you guys hitting in F211 past papers?

ReputationRep:
    So what scores are you guys hitting in F211 past papers?
    80-85% Mostly

you?

ReputationRep:
    80-85% Mostly

you?
    Nice scores! Especially as its your first time taking this exam.

my score ranges from 83% (lowest so far) to 95%

ReputationRep:
    My predictions are:

• The need for exchange surfaces
    • Spirometer
    • Vessels (Lymphatic system, arteries etc.)
    • Haemoglobin
    • Plant transport (aphids and mass flow)

I'm still revising everything though, can't risk it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor)
    I think this is a good guess! Especially the spirometer.
    hehe, how's your revision coming along?

ReputationRep:
    hehe, how's your revision coming along?
    are you doing old spec questions too?

ReputationRep:
    are you doing old spec questions too?
    No, I just stick to the current spec questions. That way I can see what examiners want for this spec.

You?

ReputationRep:
    No, I just stick to the current spec questions. That way I can see what examiners want for this spec.

You?
    I see I am currently doing old spec and will be moving onto new spec very soon. ( i have already done new spec once and some papers twice) I just need to synchronize myself fully with the examiners. For f212 I have not done a lot :s

ReputationRep:
    I see I am currently doing old spec and will be moving onto new spec very soon. ( i have already done new spec once and some papers twice) I just need to synchronize myself fully with the examiners. For f212 I have not done a lot :s
    I have to do a bit for F212, haven't started papers yet, will hopefully get 1 or 2 done this weekend.

I have been doing notes (I now have two sets of notes). I have not used the textbook, I feel it includes too much, there's a few mistakes too

For me past papers and the CGP book does it!

ReputationRep:
    I have to do a bit for F212, haven't started papers yet, will hopefully get 1 or 2 done this weekend.

I have been doing notes (I now have two sets of notes). I have not used the textbook, I feel it includes too much, there's a few mistakes too

For me past papers and the CGP book does it!
    I have done all the past papers for it once

I don't take notes- it doesn't work for me. I just cannot remember them :lol:

I just answer questions then read the revision book now Works for me

I am really motivated now as I got my chemistry mock back and got an A today and I have barely done anything for it yet yikes! It was an actual past paper I had not even done before too

good luck :P

ReputationRep:
    I have done all the past papers for it once

I don't take notes- it doesn't work for me. I just cannot remember them :lol:

I just answer questions then read the revision book now Works for me

I am really motivated now as I got my chemistry mock back and got an A today and I have barely done anything for it yet yikes! It was an actual past paper I had not even done before too

good luck :P
    Nice!!! Well done buddy!

Yeah, I do the exact same, though I just wanted to do something active and type notes on the PC as well as written ones. After this I just read and do past papers, the CGP book is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Nice!!! Well done buddy!

Yeah, I do the exact same, though I just wanted to do something active and type notes on the PC as well as written ones. After this I just read and do past papers, the CGP book is awesome!
    currently doing an F212 paper now Did 2 mechanics and a physics paper in the morning

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.