Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How well would you survive in a Zombie Apocalypse? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Quite well, according to my plan and back up plan. I have a core group of friends who all have various and numerous skills necessary for survival, including one who is there purely to be bait. She doesn't know this.
    Bad, BAD friend

ReputationRep:
    http://zombiedefense.blogspot.co.uk/

Excellent info and plan of action when there's an outbreak.

ReputationRep:
    Considering zombies don't decompose, I'd say most of us would survive the plague for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    Rule #1 - Cardio :ahee:

I am prepared :yes:

For those who've not seen Zombieland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nobody12)
    Setting them on fire is also least effective because zombies feel no pain therefore the zombie will still be mobile before you know it your infected.
    Not to mention on fire yourself

ReputationRep:
    I have a pretty good plan. The fact my parents have a 4x4 provides great sturdy transport and I can shoot. I would get to the coast and try and get off this Zombie-infected hellhole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by March)
    Considering zombies don't decompose, I'd say most of us would survive the plague for a very long time.
    In the US maybe, but in the UK lack of weapons, area ratio, over populated crowded cities such as London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester the virus would spread real fast in the result of more zombies, lack of weapons and basically no where to run we are doomed.

ReputationRep:
    In the US maybe, but in the UK lack of weapons, area ratio, over populated crowded cities such as London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester the virus would spread real fast in the result of more zombies, lack of weapons and basically no where to run we are doomed.
    Oh we'd be infected, sure, but our bodies would then be preserved by the plague. So really, our lifespans would be increased.

Unless someone shoots us.

And remembers to double-tap.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my best friend have made a plan of action if a zombie appocolypse happens. We'd take any tinned food or long life food we have in the house with us, take anything we can use as a weapon (ex. Knifes, bats, hammers..) and we'd all go to a location to then sail to a small remote island off the coast.

We have no idea if zombies can swim cause no film or game as proven that they can but it they can then we'd do our best.

Tip. Never go to shops cause everyone else will be going there and you're just going to die fighting over food and attract the zombies.

ReputationRep:
    I have an entire zombie apocalypse contingency plan. When I'm less tired I'll post it here.

I have a feeling I'd either be one of the first few bitten, or actually manage to survive for a decent amount of time. With my luck, probably the first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanevans_94)
    Me and my best friend have made a plan of action if a zombie appocolypse happens. We'd take any tinned food or long life food we have in the house with us, take anything we can use as a weapon (ex. Knifes, bats, hammers..) and we'd all go to a location to then sail to a small remote island off the coast.

We have no idea if zombies can swim cause no film or game as proven that they can but it they can then we'd do our best.

Tip. Never go to shops cause everyone else will be going there and you're just going to die fighting over food and attract the zombies.
    Surely you will run out of tinned food what will you do then? Instead of getting infected you will starve yourself to death, also due to lack of food you will be weak so when the zombies do come you will be that weak you won't be able to defend yourself.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    I'm not sure a crossbow would be effective as zombies are impervious to organ damage and small scale brain damage, I've always assumed they can only be stopped by literally pulping their brain or separating their head
    That depends very much on the type of zombie. It would only be useful when taking down small numbers, but a gun's noise would only attract more zombies.

Also, if you broke the spinal cord of a zombie, they may still be living, but they can't come after you.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by wibletg)
    Bad, BAD friend
    It's for the good of... Me!

ReputationRep:
    I'd just lock the kitchen door, stay in there and eat all the food. Probably die from diabetes before getting infected by a zombie.

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking like Resident evil zombies or Dawn of the dead?
    If dawn, then I'm ****ed. Plan would be to go to my local Macro :x A food paradise !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    That depends very much on the type of zombie. It would only be useful when taking down small numbers, but a gun's noise would only attract more zombies.

Also, if you broke the spinal cord of a zombie, they may still be living, but they can't come after you.
    Zombies can still crawl, cut off its arms and legs with a chainsaw after you've broke it's back then you have an advantage but other people may run past the zombie thinking its dead then the zombie bites their leg = infected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Are we talking like Resident evil zombies or Dawn of the dead?
    If dawn, then I'm ****ed. Plan would be to go to my local Macro :x A food paradise !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dawn of the dead mall scene, that type of apocalypse.

ReputationRep:
    If I got infected, I'd hunt down Taylor Swift and bite a chunk out of her neck.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not well at all. I'd be too preoccupied with ensuring my family are safe and considering that includes young siblings then no doubt we'd be slowed down. Although, we do live in the countryside so there wouldn't be as many zombies and there'd be many places to hide... so maybe it wouldn't go all that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you will run out of tinned food what will you do then? Instead of getting infected you will starve yourself to death, also due to lack of food you will be weak so when the zombies do come you will be that weak you won't be able to defend yourself.
    Well after we set up defences we'd send a small team onto mainland and search for food and possibly any uninflected survivors.

Then keep repeating this every time we get low on supplies and hopefully get noticed by any source of military looking for survivors.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.