The Student Room Group

Am i the only one who hates summer?

Scroll to see replies

I absolutely love the summer, I think I get a bit depressed in winter with it being so grey all the time, then when the first few days of spring/summer come around, when you get real sunshine and you can smell the trees and grass, or when you walk around and smell barbecues, beer and see butterflies flapping around is fantastic, everyone seems to be happier and more optimistic. It's brilliant.

Winter is good when we have proper winters with snow. When it's just grey, damp and windy it's just depressing and crap.
Original post by tehforum
Ah, the yearly 'Am I the only one who hates summer'? read.

I know right?

I remember last year's - almost exactly the same as this. Quite surprising... :rolleyes:
Reply 22
I prefer spring and autumn, not freezing and not boiling. Also hate that I get woken up at about half 5 in the morning because the sun shines directly into my room.... wow I sound like such a humbug haha
I get depressed in the winter, so summer is great for me. Everyone moaning about the light waking you up why not just get one of these? They're relatively cheap and do a good job.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
When it gets too hot I just feel cranky :/. Also, in summer, it really annoys me when you're trying to have a lie-in and the sun shines in through the window.

i like it when it's not too hot/not too cold. I do love winter though, especially when it snows.
I'm in my element in the summer, I absolutely love it. The sun and the warmth is perfect to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Spring > Summer / Winter.

If it was a bit warmer the weather imo would be perfect. Not too hot / cold.
I am the same way, even being on a bus is better when it's cloudy and grey, how am I supposed to have a dramatic moment listening to my music on the bus when it's sunny? It just doesn't work. Also I really don't want to say adios to my parka, it's so comfy and we have practically become one
I don't like summer at all. Autumn and winter are the best :smile:
Reply 29
I hate summer too - I get really bad hayfever, and I'm terrified of wasps, so I dread this time of year through to about october.
Reply 30
Easier to stay warm than keep cool. I'll probably change my mind when I'm old though.
Honestly, i love summer, weather is great, all the festivals, ice cream. Need i say more?
u weirdo
Reply 33
Original post by askew116
I hate summer too - I get really bad hayfever, and I'm terrified of wasps, so I dread this time of year through to about october.

Oh god, the wasps! I conveniently forget about them every time summer ends. :mad:
To sum up: No OP, you are not the only one.
Reply 35
Yes, you are, I love the summer apart from the insects and the stuffy public transport

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Nope you're not the only one.

I personally hate summer because of hay fever. I sneeze about 15 times in a minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter beats summer any day.

1. Hot weather makes you lethargic.
2. Hot weather makes you sweat.
3. It's far easier to warm up than to cool down.
4. Fewer annoying tourists.
5. More hot chocolate.
6. The sun doesn't shine through your windows at 07:00 and burn your retinas out an hour before your alarm goes off.
7. Less hayfever.
8. No wasps to ruin your al fresco dining.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Anything past 16 degrees is revolting.
Reply 39
When it's summer everyone seems to turn into a douchebag.

Quick Reply

Latest