Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i the only one who hates summer? Watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    A friend of mine feels the same, although he even likes the rain. I just don't see it myself...

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love the summer, I think I get a bit depressed in winter with it being so grey all the time, then when the first few days of spring/summer come around, when you get real sunshine and you can smell the trees and grass, or when you walk around and smell barbecues, beer and see butterflies flapping around is fantastic, everyone seems to be happier and more optimistic. It's brilliant.

Winter is good when we have proper winters with snow. When it's just grey, damp and windy it's just depressing and crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Ah, the yearly 'Am I the only one who hates summer'? read.
    I know right?

I remember last year's - almost exactly the same as this. Quite surprising... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer spring and autumn, not freezing and not boiling. Also hate that I get woken up at about half 5 in the morning because the sun shines directly into my room.... wow I sound like such a humbug haha

ReputationRep:
    I get depressed in the winter, so summer is great for me. Everyone moaning about the light waking you up why not just get one of these? They're relatively cheap and do a good job.

ReputationRep:
    When it gets too hot I just feel cranky :/. Also, in summer, it really annoys me when you're trying to have a lie-in and the sun shines in through the window.

i like it when it's not too hot/not too cold. I do love winter though, especially when it snows.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my element in the summer, I absolutely love it. The sun and the warmth is perfect to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spring > Summer / Winter.

If it was a bit warmer the weather imo would be perfect. Not too hot / cold.

ReputationRep:
    I am the same way, even being on a bus is better when it's cloudy and grey, how am I supposed to have a dramatic moment listening to my music on the bus when it's sunny? It just doesn't work. Also I really don't want to say adios to my parka, it's so comfy and we have practically become one

ReputationRep:
    I don't like summer at all. Autumn and winter are the best

ReputationRep:
    I hate summer too - I get really bad hayfever, and I'm terrified of wasps, so I dread this time of year through to about october.

ReputationRep:
    Easier to stay warm than keep cool. I'll probably change my mind when I'm old though.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, i love summer, weather is great, all the festivals, ice cream. Need i say more?

ReputationRep:
    u weirdo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by askew116)
    I hate summer too - I get really bad hayfever, and I'm terrified of wasps, so I dread this time of year through to about october.
    Oh god, the wasps! I conveniently forget about them every time summer ends. :mad:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    To sum up: No OP, you are not the only one.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are, I love the summer apart from the insects and the stuffy public transport

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope you're not the only one.

I personally hate summer because of hay fever. I sneeze about 15 times in a minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Winter beats summer any day.

1. Hot weather makes you lethargic.
    2. Hot weather makes you sweat.
    3. It's far easier to warm up than to cool down.
    4. Fewer annoying tourists.
    5. More hot chocolate.
    6. The sun doesn't shine through your windows at 07:00 and burn your retinas out an hour before your alarm goes off.
    7. Less hayfever.
    8. No wasps to ruin your al fresco dining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliexbrown)
    I hate it too! I'm white as a sheet so I burn easily, I'm scared of thunderstorms, and I feel crabby and upset in hot weather. Plus everyone expects you to be outside and active and HAPPY all the time. I'm looking at you, family members.
    lel. So true.

I used to hate summer so much, as I had self-confidence issues and wanted nothing more than to cover myself up.
    But I'm getting slightly better; and I'm actually anticipating summer now :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.