Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I would wholly disagree on that point personally, they feel very solidly built from the time I've spent with them and in audiophile circles their build quality is usually praised, as are most Demon headphones.
    This is making my decision a bit harder now :/ I keep on being attracted to the xb500's for some reason :confused:

On a sightly unrelated note, do you know how well beats audio on htc phones (e.g. the htc one) contribute to better audio quality? I'm wondering whether coupling the HTC One with headphones like the xb500's or Denon will lead to good results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castiel')
    This is making my decision a bit harder now :/ I keep on being attracted to the xb500's for some reason :confused:

On a sightly unrelated note, do you know how well beats audio on htc phones (e.g. the htc one) contribute to better audio quality? I'm wondering whether coupling the HTC One with headphones like the xb500's or Denon will lead to good results.
    Beats Audio doesn't actually improve audio quality, it just changes it. It's basically a preset EQ curve intended to make things sound a bit more dynamic. I've not heard it implemented through the HTC One, but with an extremely bassy headphone like the two you're considering it could make the bass a bit too overbearing, depending on your level of basshead-ness. Thankfully Beats Audio can be turned off, and a media player app like Power Amp can be used to fine tune the EQ yourself.

In terms of choosing between the two headphones, both are reviewed in this thread by a very well established audiophile. Hopefully it will shed some insight on which you would prefer
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shoo...added-12-02-12

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for some around the same price range but I don't mind in ear headphones, so basically like normal earphones. The only problem is that most of them look really bland, I got some JVC extremes, had some beats but I don't really like the style of them, they're just too boring...is there anything out there that's a bit more stylish without breaking the bank?

ReputationRep:
    these aren't stylish at all but if you need sound, sennheiser cx550 are the best ie found for cheap.

I've had everything from £10 skull candy to £80 Bose
    the sennheiser were **£20** (originally around £50) or near on that price, and in my opinion, better than the Bose !
    I think they have been discontinued but you might be able to get them on eBay etc.

overall sennheiser are a good make! hope I've helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've had a pair of Phillips O'Neill Stretch Headband headphones since Christmas. Just under £50 and they have brilliant quality and they're pretty durable too.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.