Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Could Go Back And Kill Baby Hitler, Would You? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would You Kill Baby Hitler.
    Yes.
    16.88%
    No.
    83.13%

ReputationRep:
    You'll never know.... someone else would end up doing the hitler =O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    No he was not, he wasn't the only main character in it all, the holocaust would of still happened.
    But he still was a character heavily involved, otherwise people would not have tried to kill him in his later life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelion0)
    This thread is very antisemitic!
    Everything's always anti-Semitic with you guys, isn't it? :rolleyes: Even though Arabs are also Semites and the fact that Islamophobia is more rife than any other religion in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    no, but i would pouring hot wax in his eyeball so he never seeing jew in life thereby never dislike jew. also, no ruler in history is being blind.
    Blind people can't have prejudices?

And clearly your historical knowledge is lacking:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Bohemia

You sound like you have no knowledge of blind people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    How would you know it was him though? All babies look the same. You might be killing an innocent baby.
    :sigh:

Yes. yes, indeed you're correct; after all, everybody in the world is a White English male. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I might go back and try to convince the winners that the Treaty of Versailles needed to be thought about in less vindictive terms

ReputationRep:
    I'd go back to when he was an aspiring artist and tell him to stick with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    :sigh:

Yes. yes, indeed you're correct; after all, everybody in the world is a White English male. :rolleyes:
    Was Baby Hitler English then?

ReputationRep:
    I've thought about this and the answer is no, because the future would be so different, I have no guarantee I or my family would still be born, and for all I know our future would be awful. For example World War 2 sparked many social reforms until Atlee.

But, I would like to appear in his bunker during the last days of Nazi Germany, paper cut his body hundreds of times and then throw him into a bath of vinegar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Was Baby Hitler English then?
    Precisely. He wasn't. I was merely highlighting the idiocy and ridiculousness of the poster that I quoted. Sometimes I marvel at how people with a pea-sized brain are even able to use the internet, let alone have the intelligence to sign up to a forum.

ReputationRep:
    Nah man, butterflies and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    But he still was a character heavily involved, otherwise people would not have tried to kill him in his later life
    Yes of course he was heavily involved, my point is that he was not the only main person involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChampEon)
    Everything's always anti-Semitic with you guys, isn't it? :rolleyes: Even though Arabs are also Semites and the fact that Islamophobia is more rife than any other religion in the world.
    I think that poster was merely joking, lad. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    If no Hitler, not much different. If no Nazism, war between Western Europe and the Soviet Union. Nazism would not have arisen in any other West European country - they all had colonies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    But he was the main reason millions upon millions of Jewish people died.

In order to stop that, or have a good chance of stopping that from happening of course I would.

1 life who will grow up to murder vs millions of innocent lives.
    The point is though removal of Hitler could have led to someone else equally as horrific rising to power. Although you would hope there aren't many like him.

ReputationRep:
    If you did that you would change the course of history and you don't know if that would of been a better or worse period of time. If Hitler died as a baby then world war 2 as we know would not of happened, but there could easily of been another world war 2 at some other time and if it was near the end of the 20th century then a lot more people could of died (with more advanced technology) than what did. Basically, it is like the butterfly effect.

ReputationRep:
    If we killed Hitler then certain events and decisions would not have occurred to get us where we are now. We could be fighting in an everlasting cold war for all we know.

ReputationRep:
    No I would not.

1) As a previous poster said, there is no evidence that Hitler would have been the same narrowminded individual in another reality, that he was in our reality.
    2) Certain historical events and incidents were crucial in forming the world we live in today. Whether or not we live in a perfect world is a whole other debate but the fact remains that the world could have been a different place e.g. Existence of Medieval attitudes towards Jews, if it was not for what he did.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go back during the end of WWI instead and try to convince the league of nations to make the punishments for the germans less severe. If that didn't work then yeah I'd probably do the deed. But what's to say that preventing WW2 as we know it may cause a very dangerous and deadly butterfly effect?

ReputationRep:
    Nobody is born evil.

Because babies are not capable of rational and sentient thought, they are innocent. So the answer to your question might as well be "If You Could Go Back And Kill An Innocent Baby, Would You?".

Besides, killing anybody in the past, never mind one of the most influential figures (in a bad way of course) of the past century will have a cataclysmic effect on today.

I would not kill baby Hitler.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.