Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Student)
    30?

Mine is 7. It was 9 at first but then my agreement was altered.

The activity number seems to be completely random depending on which advisor processes the claim.

Still more in not necessary difficult. You just record in more detail. For example I only normally put "Checked job centre website" when really I checked their website and Reed, Monster... etc so the higher number would be easy to increase to but would simply waste my time.
    My adviser told me I can volunteer for up to 16 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    My adviser told me I can volunteer for up to 16 hours a week.
    Thats good.

Mine got funny with 4-5 hours... Chances are he was in the wrong to have a go. I would not be shocked if is a tactic for getting people off volunteering placements so they become eligible for the MWP.

ReputationRep:
    Thats good.

Mine got funny with 4-5 hours... Chances are he was in the wrong to have a go. I would not be shocked if is a tactic for getting people off volunteering placements so they become eligible for the MWP.
    Have you tried to contact them (not the adviser) and ask how many hours maximum you can volunteer for? I'm sure your adviser reduced the hours for purpose.

ReputationRep:
    There's no limit on the amount of hours you can volunteer. As long as you're still seeking work, are available for interviews (both for jobs and appointments at JCP) and are able to stop volunteering and start paid work straight away you're fine.

As for the website, it's crap because it has to link in with a 30 year old computer which all the Jobcentre software is based on. A full re-build and update would cost a ridiculous amount of money, so everything that's done now is just prolonging the life of that system.

If it's any help, JCP staff hate it even more than you guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wayne93)
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with solihull jobcentre. When I first signed on it took them 2-3 months to proccess my claim due to the fact that im on a part time hnc electrical and took a student loan out. i have also had conflicting veiws on the amount of voluntary work i should be doing. there have been a number of undisclosed problems, but now they have issued me with a 4 week sanction even though i have done nothing wrong and have at the very least met there requirements. I told them i applied for 5 jobs and 2 other activities. I actually applied to 6 jobs but forgot to write the last one down. i am also going to the local mp. they shouldn't be allowed to stop jsa for no reason, i have heard other people being took off jsa while waiting around there too, they also seem to be focussing on retail and food industry too even if people have trade skills or experience in other work environments.
    is anyone else having these problems?
    This is why im glad im not on jsa anymore. They are meant to help you find work.. they dont atall, you seem like someone who actually wants to work and its people like you who they try to do over. Write a strong worded letter to your mp and even your local newspaper its disgusting how people get treated by the government. I know there are alot of doll dossers but its not hard to see that you are not one they are just looking for excuses to cancel peoples jsa these dsys as they want to save money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, I don't envy you guys. Job centers/ advisers are so uninspiring. Instead of encouraging young people to gain skills or get on the career ladder they'd just treat people like they are worthless.

I used to feel like **** after going.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.