Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    QFA
    I note that a Secretary of State for Constitutional Reform. What plans does he have to reform the MHoC constitution over the coming term?

(Original post by CLS94)
    I note that a Secretary of State for Constitutional Reform. What plans does he have to reform the MHoC constitution over the coming term?
    A Bill of Rights
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    When will we see a bill from you guys?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JPKC)
    When will we see a bill from you guys?
    Soon.

Our aim is to beat you over the season, not out of the blocks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    What is the coalition's agreed agenda (if such a thing exists) for the upcoming term?
    There's no real agreed policy agenda as i've explained to Jpkc in the opposition thread however repealing some of the horrific measures brought in last term and enhancing economic liberty will no doubt be key achievements.

(Original post by Birchington)
    What are the coalition's main priorities this term?
    As above but in a little more detail water, the railways, the right to buy and nuclear weapons all need repealing.

(Original post by Jacob :))
    What do you believe are the biggest differences between the parties in the coalition and how will you work to resolve them?
    Of the current set of MP's there's nobody that sticks out as being wildly opposed to each other within the government, the main challenges within the government will come from the fringes of the uber-libertarian and uber-conservatives i imagine and will be resolved through the great leadership of all party leaders.

(Original post by Krack)
    What do the government intend to do about the situation in Syria? it is a situation that has gone unchecked and is vastly out of hand, action needs to be taken to prevent the continued slaughter although as we have already seen, there are some differences in positioning on the issue of drugs.

I also ask what the government intends to do about the economy in the prospect of a global downturn with the recent growth figures of many countries being cut, China's growth figures being lower than expected, the US employment numbers being less than stellar and gold on a downward spiral that will most likely continue. Is TSR UK under the leadership of the right wing government prepared for an economic slump?
    Already answered by the foreign office i believe.

Very hard to say on TSR given the different policies when compared to RL. I would argue that the combination of seizing pensions and the FTT will have done irreparable harm to the city and wider international investment however the left would argue differently so i don't think that either side can really answer this question adequately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    There's no real agreed policy agenda as i've explained to Jpkc in the opposition thread however repealing some of the horrific measures brought in last term and enhancing economic liberty will no doubt be key achievements.

As above but in a little more detail water, the railways, the right to buy and nuclear weapons all need repealing.

Of the current set of MP's there's nobody that sticks out as being wildly opposed to each other within the government, the main challenges within the government will come from the fringes of the uber-libertarian and uber-conservatives i imagine and will be resolved through the great leadership of all party leaders.

Already answered by the foreign office i believe.

Very hard to say on TSR given the different policies when compared to RL. I would argue that the combination of seizing pensions and the FTT will have done irreparable harm to the city and wider international investment however the left would argue differently so i don't think that either side can really answer this question adequately.
    So, the plan for this Government is to act as the Opposition to the previous Government having failed to properly oppose them at the time? Marvelous.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CLS94)
    So, the plan for this Government is to act as the Opposition to the previous Government having failed to properly oppose them at the time? Marvelous.
    A gross exaggeration, we will no doubt put forward many original and innovative policies.

ReputationRep:
    Well it appears you most certainly cannot as you seem to have answered a completely different question to the one I asked you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Krack)
    Well it appears you most certainly cannot as you seem to have answered a completely different question to the one I asked you.
    You asked if we were prepared for a slump and i said that as we do not know the overall state of the TSR economy that nobody can answer adequately.

For the record however my personal opinion is that the TSR economy is in a much worse state than RL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    I also ask what the government intends to do about the economy in the prospect of a global downturn with the recent growth figures of many countries being cut, China's growth figures being lower than expected, the US employment numbers being less than stellar and gold on a downward spiral that will most likely continue. Is TSR UK under the leadership of the right wing government prepared for an economic slump?
    How is gold being on a downward spiral bearish for global growth?

The outlook for the global economy is generally good. Conditions in the Eurozone are... less than stellar but it seems they've mostly managed to stave off collapse - now they just have to deal with huge unnecessary unemployment.

If global trends suggest that they might pose a threat to the recovery, then of course have tools at our disposal to fight that - but, as Rakas said, it's impossible to gauge the state of the TSR economy so we wouldn't really know if we needed to.

ReputationRep:
    Can we expect to see a government bill anytime soon?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Can we expect to see a government bill anytime soon?
    Should be a few out over the next week or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    There's new stuff as well. Just from the liber's stock we've got a housing bill, the bill of rights and a medicines bill I plan to write once I've finished my uni exams (One more to go!)

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I commend it can I ask why the government - made up of capitalists - hasn't attempted privatisation of utilities yet?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Whilst I commend it can I ask why the government - made up of capitalists - hasn't attempted privatisation of utilities yet?
    Is there a rush? We will engage at the opportune moment.

As i say bills will be flowing from this week, should be a steady stream.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a rush? We will engage at the opportune moment.

As i say bills will be flowing from this week, should be a steady stream.
    I just would have thought something so core to your ideologically principles would have been rushed out. You surely wouldn't want those crony capitalists to suffer a day longer.

ReputationRep:
    There were collectively about a dozen policies listed in the party manifestos of the coalition in addition to the defense review and HANSARD giving a good indication of the type of bills released when last in government, if you can't find a policy to question then you simply lack imagination.
    While this is entirely fair and true, what gives? I mean, I assume you've got people in exam and essay season. Fine. But motions take five minutes to work out if you already know about the issue and bills can take less than half an hour if done efficiently and collaboratively. Are you telling me that everyone in your three parties except the SoS for Defence hasn't been able to write anything? And you know I think tribalism is for children so you know I'm asking out of a little concern as opposed to anything else.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    While this is entirely fair and true, what gives? I mean, I assume you've got people in exam and essay season. Fine. But motions take five minutes to work out if you already know about the issue and bills can take less than half an hour if done efficiently and collaboratively. Are you telling me that everyone in your three parties except the SoS for Defence hasn't been able to write anything? And you know I think tribalism is for children so you know I'm asking out of a little concern as opposed to anything else.
    I'll take responsibility on this one. Last time we were in government i led heavily from the front which is my preferred leadership style and was very effective however i remember a few minor issues (had no impact obviously, we slaughtered everybody) and so this time i attempted to adopt a much more laissez faire approach and leave the MP's to it pretty much. While there were plenty of ideas given ultimately this strategy has proven insufficient and things slowed down so i have now reverted to type pretty much. As such significant movement is now occurring, we have three bills which should be out very soon, the defense review is i think being split into four and we have a number of others in the pipeline (aiming for 15 through the term)

ReputationRep:
    I'll take responsibility on this one. Last time we were in government i led heavily from the front which is my preferred leadership style and was very effective however i remember a few minor issues (had no impact obviously, we slaughtered everybody) and so this time i attempted to adopt a much more laissez faire approach and leave the MP's to it pretty much. While there were plenty of ideas given ultimately this strategy has proven insufficient and things slowed down so i have now reverted to type pretty much. As such significant movement is now occurring, we have three bills which should be out very soon, the defense review is i think being split into four and we have a number of others in the pipeline (aiming for 15 through the term)
    Reassuring to know and I look forward to it. I assume this means 15 meaty bills, any plans for other things such as budgets (I think MacDaddi confirmed this), treaties, refeendums or motions? I understand that lead from the front approach, basically how I used to do it. Hope to see more coming out of the coalition as the term goes on.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Reassuring to know and I look forward to it. I assume this means 15 meaty bills, any plans for other things such as budgets (I think MacDaddi confirmed this), treaties, refeendums or motions? I understand that lead from the front approach, basically how I used to do it. Hope to see more coming out of the coalition as the term goes on.
    Yes, the bills should have good depth and a good notes section. Moleman is the man you want to talk to for potential treaties. I do want a referendum but it has to be on something worthy of such a debate. Budget and perhaps a few more reports (upto the SOS's) will come (though i think Jarred was going to do something about the TSR economy when he was elected). Yes, should be a fair few motions. Yup .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.