Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Electoral systems is questions relating to FPTP, AMS, STV and party list system. The two main ones i'd study hard for are FPTP and AMS as these are most likely to come up.

Lifestyle questions are usually asking you about how it contributes towards poor health etc.

The DME is always on social issues, so I would learn key things such as: what the current National minimum wage is, policies to reduce gender and wealth inequalities and so on. I don't know If you have been told this before, but if you don't include any background knowledge in the DME you will fail even if the report is decent enough.

If anyone needs any help just send a message as I'm willing to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidFlynn96)
    Electoral systems is questions relating to FPTP, AMS, STV and party list system. The two main ones i'd study hard for are FPTP and AMS as these are most likely to come up.

Lifestyle questions are usually asking you about how it contributes towards poor health etc.

The DME is always on social issues, so I would learn key things such as: what the current National minimum wage is, policies to reduce gender and wealth inequalities and so on. I don't know If you have been told this before, but if you don't include any background knowledge in the DME you will fail even if the report is decent enough.

If anyone needs any help just send a message as I'm willing to help.

Sorry to keep bugging you! its just so hard to know what to revise for the exam and you seem more helpful then my teacher :P

When you said The USA part if you are doing this part, will possibly be on the 2012 presidential election.

could you elaborate on that? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Quick question. I was off when we covered the welfare state, so what would you put in an essay for the government not meeting/meeting the original aims?

ReputationRep:
    The USA section stands a great chance of being on 'how ethnic minorities have influenced the 2012 election result'. Immigration showed up last in last years paper I think so this is unlikely to come up.

I'm revising for ethnic minorities affecting the election result, as this stands a good chance. I would advise going over social and economic inequalities as well and check and balances in the Executive and Legislative branches of federal Government.

Hope I've helped

ReputationRep:
    The USA section stands a great chance of being on 'how ethnic minorities have influenced the 2012 election result'. Immigration showed up last in last years paper I think so this is unlikely to come up.

I'm revising for ethnic minorities affecting the election result, as this stands a good chance. I would advise going over social and economic inequalities as well and check and balances in the Executive and Legislative branches of federal Government.

Hope I've helped

Yes massively! Thank you!!. sorry last question haha! im not sure whether your doing UK decision making in central government or devolved decision making in Scotland but do you have any ideas about the devolved Scotland if you are doing it

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I am not doing that section. If you look at the 2012 paper, the question on the topic you are referring to has a great chance of not coming up.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I am not doing that section. If you look at the 2012 paper, the question on the topic you are referring to has a great chance of not coming up.
    awwww thanks anyways for everything else

ReputationRep:
    How much has everyone else been revising for this exam? I've barely even started and it's just over a month away now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    How much has everyone else been revising for this exam? I've barely even started and it's just over a month away now.
    Pretty much same here. Just over a month?!!?:eek:
    My life seems to have been taken over by english and maths! I had a moddies essay to write over the holidays and I've done about 3 plans for the A4 unit but that's it really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    Exactly the same, I have done literally nothing for it. Its not in my conditions so i don't need it for uni, but I do like the subject. I got an A in the prelim, and I can write fast under pressure so I generally am good at the subject. However, I did know 3 out of the 4 questions in the prelim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animelover123)
    Exactly the same, I have done literally nothing for it. Its not in my conditions so i don't need it for uni, but I do like the subject. I got an A in the prelim, and I can write fast under pressure so I generally am good at the subject. However, I did know 3 out of the 4 questions in the prelim.
    This is my problem as well! I knew 3 questions for certain and pretty much guessed the USA one...

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at patterns earlier and it seems like it's on a six year loop!
    My sections is:
    1D voting systems, B social issues, C9 USA and C12 International Issues

My prediction is:
    1D: FPTP Vs, AMS/STV
    B: Social & Economic Inequalities
    And something else
    C9: Ethnic influences on election
    C12: Effectiveness of Responses To Threats

I'm not totally sure but that's my guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any predictions for devolved decision making in Scotland? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    Does anyone think for the Devolved Decision Making something regarding the independence referendum will come up and if so what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaHussain)
    Hiya,
    Does anyone think for the Devolved Decision Making something regarding the independence referendum will come up and if so what?
    I don't think an essay would require specific detail on the referendum as the independence debate is recent and not in the course, therefore teachers wouldn't be told to teach it.

References which are relevant in essays may be great though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMARTIAN)
    I don't think an essay would require specific detail on the referendum as the independence debate is recent and not in the course, therefore teachers wouldn't be told to teach it.

References which are relevant in essays may be great though.
    Ok thanks a lot. How are you revising for this exam? I'm just writing lots of essays and memorising them, right way to go about it? I actually despise the scottish section haha. I need at least a b for my Uni offer ha.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks a lot. How are you revising for this exam? I'm just writing lots of essays and memorising them, right way to go about it? I actually despise the scottish section haha. I need at least a b for my Uni offer ha.
    Ive got essay plans and basically learning them.
    Ones that I don't really understand I do essays on - Politics, haha.
    I have 17 plans in total.
    5 for USA
    4 for Africa
    5 for Health and Wealth
    3 for Politics = hell. I love pressure groups and backbenchers, but the executive and parliament kill me with boredom.

I need an A/B

ReputationRep:
    Ive got essay plans and basically learning them.
    Ones that I don't really understand I do essays on - Politics, haha.
    I have 17 plans in total.
    5 for USA
    4 for Africa
    5 for Health and Wealth
    3 for Politics = hell. I love pressure groups and backbenchers, but the executive and parliament kill me with boredom.

I need an A/B
    I've basically got a friend making some essays for me and i just add to them then learn the statistics and that. I didn't think it would be this difficult. The exam is on my birthday as well, just my luck haha. Have you applied for uni? Im gutted that some questions i liked on last years paper probably won't come up

ReputationRep:
    I've basically got a friend making some essays for me and i just add to them then learn the statistics and that. I didn't think it would be this difficult. The exam is on my birthday as well, just my luck haha. Have you applied for uni? Im gutted that some questions i liked on last years paper probably won't come up
    Im praying these predictions are right hahah.
    Yep, I applies for Law at Strathclyde. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Im praying these predictions are right hahah.
    Yep, I applies for Law at Strathclyde. Yourself?
    Im the same, fingers crossed haha. I've applied to Edinburgh for Law, totally freaking out hope i meet the conditions. Just realised you had written that haha. You in sixth year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.