Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PALETH)
    Yes Stacey, Buxton . I guess what I am going to do is visit Buxton an go to bread and breakfast to get a quote. It is exciting x
    Yeah there are a few places hotels in the centre that I am looking at just in case...I'm on the meerkaton street site though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi im a sort of mature student (21) and commuting from Brinsley each day to do health and social care and it would be nice to speak to a few other people who commute from around the same sort of area.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello all!

If you'd like to meet people studying on your course, or a similar course to you, check out Break the Ice Event 2013 .

You'll have the chance to meet other students, people you could be living with or near next year, ask us any questions you may have before starting, and you'll get free food and drink on the day/evening.

· For Derby Campus students: Wednesday 4 September and Thursday 5 September from 6pm until 9pm.
    · For Buxton Campus students: Wednesday 4 September from 11am until 3pm.

To avoid disappointment, get more information and book your place now at www.derby.ac.uk/breaktheice

Joe Parker
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiff_c)
    Same for me, I know 1 second year, hoping that when a few more people get there results will be some more of us... Nearer the time of freshers will have to try and sort out something for people who travel to meet up, might mean a few people to hang around with to meet new people with :/ or to go to freshers fairs with or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm commuting to derby starting in September I'd like to meet up with others cus then we will have people to go to freshers. I'm doing English...what course are you? Xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amygeorge26)
    I'm staying at home as due to scouting/coaching commitments

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi just wondered where you are commuting from? Would like to meet up with some people who are travelling in :-) xo

ReputationRep:
    For me it's much cheaper to stay where I am than move to student accommodation, so I'll be commuting into Derby and to Uni from September..

In The End, We're Just Dreamers

ReputationRep:
    I'm travelling from Lincoln to derby which is like two trains, is anyone going to the break the ice event as I don't want to go if hardly anyone will be there, would be nice to meet some more travellers but don't want a wasted journey... Is anyone staying in a hotel for freshers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hia im travelling each day but its only around half an hour bus travel and i was gonna go to the break the ice event if you want someone to go with? i dont wonna really turn up on my own so if you wonna neet up before hand that wud be great :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieeox4)
    hia im travelling each day but its only around half an hour bus travel and i was gonna go to the break the ice event if you want someone to go with? i dont wonna really turn up on my own so if you wonna neet up before hand that wud be great :-)
    Yeah what day were you thinking of going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Facebook page for freshers https://www.facebook.com/groups/436773179731859/

ReputationRep:
    I'm living at home too and travelling from burton! I'm not sure what to do about freshers because of getting back home, what are you guys thinking of doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah what day were you thinking of going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was thinking of going to the first day one (can't remember the exact date) add me on Facebook if you want and we can sort stuff out if you like :-) xx
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1639627546

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiej3)
    I'm living at home too and travelling from burton! I'm not sure what to do about freshers because of getting back home, what are you guys thinking of doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have been looking at a hotel for the main events, I have a friend I could crash with as well but I'm waiting till they release stuff to see what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I have been looking at a hotel for the main events, I have a friend I could crash with as well but I'm waiting till they release stuff to see what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey there,

We've got a range of local hotel discounts if you need them: http://derby.ac.uk/study/opendays/bo...alhoteloffers/

Have a great time

Joe Parker
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi, as I live in Derby I'm commuting as there's really no point in me living in halls. However I don't know anyone who is going to Derby Uni and so I don't know what to do about freshers. I don't really fancy just going on my own haha, anyone got plans?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by JLouise123)
    Hi, as I live in Derby I'm commuting as there's really no point in me living in halls. However I don't know anyone who is going to Derby Uni and so I don't know what to do about freshers. I don't really fancy just going on my own haha, anyone got plans?
    Hi JLouise123,

I don't think there's anything wrong with going on your own, since everybody is pretty much in the same boat. As soon as you get there, pretty much everyone will be looking to speak to new people.

However, it would definitely be worth getting to know a few people before anyone has moved in together by attending Break the Ice Event 2013, which is held at the beginning of September.

You can find out more and book your place at www.derby.ac.uk/breaktheice, or if that link doesn't work try this one.

Joe Parker
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLouise123)
    Hey, I am going on my own mainly to most things, have you got Facebook because there is a freshers group with a lot of people on it I have found a few of people on my course and I might meet up with them at the start and if you post on here during freshers I'm sure a few commuters would come and meet you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm commuting from Nottingham, Bramcote area and studying mental health nursing x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebekahf)
    I'm travelling from long eaton/toton everyday and studying Biology would be great to meet up with other travelling in people

I'm travelling from stapleford/bramcote area, looking for someone interested in sharing taxis back from freshers

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.