Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Integer)
    God help us
    Its not bad as I'm doing a timed essay on it in class on tuesday. If I get a decent grade I'll send it to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow_Amber)
    For one of the 24 markers my teacher predicts it will be on power & division of labour
    i would love it if it was on this! hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanToBeWild)
    I have some basic notes you may find useful, did you want to mail me your email address and I can email them over for you? :-)
    omg you would actually be a lifesaver! shall i pm you my email? if i work out how to do it on heere hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chellls)
    i would love it if it was on this! hahaha
    Haha.I know right.

ReputationRep:
    Haha.I know right.
    is that question referring to the first topic on couples and domestic divion of labour? I wouldn't mind that

ReputationRep:
    Its not bad as I'm doing a timed essay on it in class on tuesday. If I get a decent grade I'll send it to you

ReputationRep:
    How important is including the names of sociologists? Is it alright to just say the research / point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've come to conclusion that demography, couples and policy are really likely essays with childhood also in mind. My best bet would be demography and couples to come up. Has anyone any others predictions, notes or general help to this debate? Because I've loads of exams this May and I've no other chose but to target topics and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightbulb)
    How important is including the names of sociologists? Is it alright to just say the research / point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite important, you'll get more marks
    I'd mention them for the 24 mark questions

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not completely necessary, its more important to recall the study properly but it looks wayyy better if you remember the names. Generally you only need three studies per essay. Anymore is a bonus

ReputationRep:
    Okay so the predictions for this topic according to my teacher are demography, power & division of labour (couples), marriage and divorce--> this could be just a qs on changes in marriage or divorce and social policy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the pre-release for this as it would help predict what's coming up.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my teacher said that if you don't note any studies/researchers then you won't get any higher than a C.

ReputationRep:
    I did this exam in jan.. Family diversity and marxist came up on the essays and the shorter questions were preety straight foreard if you know the key words. I did not write enough and only got a so my teacher told me to resit and this time mention more key words in essays and the names of sociologists!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamNatasha)
    I did this exam in jan.. Family diversity and marxist came up on the essays and the shorter questions were preety straight foreard if you know the key words. I did not write enough and only got a B so my teacher told me to resit and this time mention more key words in essays and the names of sociologists!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did this in January too; I scraped an A by about a mark so was pleased :P However I wouldn't say the paper was straightforward as that family diversity question was a very hard question in my opinion as you had to evaluate lifestyles too.

ReputationRep:
    I did this in January too; I scraped an A by about a mark so was pleased :P However I wouldn't say the paper was straightforward as that family diversity question was a very hard question in my opinion as you had to evaluate lifestyles too.
    Congratulations! That's really good! No i said the shorter questions were straightforward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamNatasha)
    Congratulations! That's really good! No i said the shorter questions were straightforward

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankies but B is also good! Did you want me to email you a list of all the key scholars you could use?

ReputationRep:
    Thankies but B is also good! Did you want me to email you a list of all the key scholars you could use?
    That would be great thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could you email me a list too please? Would be so grateful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikz94)
    Hey we'll I've made my essay grids for all 7 topics and i made a key words lists. I haven't started memorising my essays yet because I've got a brimming 2000 word cw to finish and a video on it ( had to re-start my cw ) due to a **** teacher!.So it looks like am going spend 2 weeks learning my essay grids. i basically condensed thee orange napier press book down to 15 pages and I've got about 10 essay grids to memorise. Don't worry am sure we'll be fine :console:
    You've made essay grids? What? I'm repeating this exam and have no idea what to do for it, help?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.