Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat_dance)
    I've just had an offer for Flat 30, Block 4
    Yayyy! I'm really happy now that we are getting to know everyone now!

(Original post by Codyw)
    Sunderland's got pretty **** weather too and :/ still may be something we will be in the same lectures for
    Thats good to know because I can't wait to get away from all this rain haha. Do you live nearby?

(Original post by leelola)
    Yeah haha that's the one I have, im suprised they dont have a telly in the livingroom or whatever, I wonder what unis like during the week because obviously people dont party every night, can imagine it being pretty boring, would definitely need a laptop
    The living room wasn't that big so I suppose soem people will be in their rooms a lot, but we can always squeeze haha! A laptop is a must for me I'm so addicted to the internet it's bad!

ReputationRep:
    haha Yo where you from?
    So excited! Derby. What about youu?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=helojoxd;42383547]Yayyy! I'm really happy now that we are getting to know everyone now!

Same here I was just randomly googling clanny house and came across this thread so i thought it was about time i joined The Student Room haha!

ReputationRep:
    Same haha keep searching sunderland everywhere day in excitement! Not long now though! do you know anybody else going? I haven't heard of anybody else going, gonna be a lone wolf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helojoxd)

Thats good to know because I can't wait to get away from all this rain haha. Do you live nearby?
    i did mean to say that the weather was not good but it just put **** instead, it rains alot in newcastle where I live, just the next city up from sunderland

ReputationRep:
    Same haha keep searching sunderland everywhere day in excitement! Not long now though! do you know anybody else going? I haven't heard of anybody else going, gonna be a lone wolf
    Haha, me too! It's so exciting though No, I don't either, but The Student Room will help us. We'll be alreet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    None of my friends are coming to Sunderland, they are all going to be living in newcastle or Nottingham so hopfuly we'll be alright I know someone from an open day called Kitybean and she's really nice, she's also going to be at Clanny house, but not in our block.

(Original post by Codyw)
    i did mean to say that the weather was not good but it just put **** instead, it rains alot in newcastle where I live, just the next city up from sunderland
    Oh sorry hahah, I thought you ment itwas pretty haha! Not that much diffrent form where I live If it's that bad I'll go to primark and put lots of layers on haha.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=helojoxd;42418414]None of my friends are coming to Sunderland, they are all going to be living in newcastle or Nottingham so hopfuly we'll be alright I know someone from an open day called Kitybean and she's really nice, she's also going to be at Clanny house, but not in our block.

Aww, the more, the merrier I can't believe how many things are near Clanny like Dominos, Pizza Hut delivery.. Oh and the hospital haha.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nat_dance;42422239]
    None of my friends are coming to Sunderland, they are all going to be living in newcastle or Nottingham so hopfuly we'll be alright I know someone from an open day called Kitybean and she's really nice, she's also going to be at Clanny house, but not in our block.

Aww, the more, the merrier I can't believe how many things are near Clanny like Dominos, Pizza Hut delivery.. Oh and the hospital haha.
    Dominos and pizza hut :O Uh oh :P I hardly know anything about Sunderland! I only went once to do my interview didn't think I actually wanted to go there haha and at least you have friends half an hour away helojo :P I literally dont know nobody down there! :P

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=leelola;42424571]

Dominos and pizza hut :O Uh oh :P I hardly know anything about Sunderland! I only went once to do my interview didn't think I actually wanted to go there haha and at least you have friends half an hour away helojo :P I literally dont know nobody down there! :P
    Yeah, i've only been for my interview too. I only saw this the other day when i searched nearby places on google maps How exciting!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nat_dance;42425453]

Yeah, i've only been for my interview too. I only saw this the other day when i searched nearby places on google maps How exciting!
    im glad newcastle is only half an hour away! im half an hour away from liverpool so i cant imagine sunderland being that different from where i am now

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=leelola;42425593]

im glad newcastle is only half an hour away! im half an hour away from liverpool so i cant imagine sunderland being that different from where i am now
    Aww, that's ok then I love the Geordie accent! Sunderland's just under 3 hours drive away from me, but people up North are supposed to be friendly and everyone i've dealt with at the Uni have been really helpful so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nat_dance;42425831]

Aww, that's ok then I love the Geordie accent! Sunderland's just under 3 hours drive away from me, but people up North are supposed to be friendly and everyone i've dealt with at the Uni have been really helpful so it's all good.
    Yeah same I wish I had their accent! should be fun up there

ReputationRep:

And a Pool Club, fourteen take-aways, three banks, barnes park down the road, city campus a ten minute walk away clanny is immensely well placed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    And a Pool Club, fourteen take-aways, three banks, barnes park down the road, city campus a ten minute walk away clanny is immensely well placed.
    yayy lots too do, is the park good?

[QUOTE=nat_dance;42425453]

There is also a all you can eat chinese buffet which I think we could get our moneys worth from. It's that popular you have to que to get in, I went on an open day and it was soo busy and tasty! They also have a primark woooh, the closest one to me is newcastle!

[QUOTE=leelola;42424571]

I can't remeber if it was sunderland but I think there is a big theater thing for shows which could be good if we save up once in a while too! Yeah I'll be using the metro a bit I think 'cause my brother goes to Northumbria too, so I'll know quite a lot of people there. I'm so glad we have this thread of I would have been panicking about meeting people haha. Whats everyones insurance? Mines Nottingham trent

ReputationRep:
    yayy lots too do, is the park good?
    Nice enough , it's more for sport etc than much else, I only really go there for the Basketball Courts.

The main park is the one by the Winter Gardens(I can't think of it's name right now) that's much nicer for days out and monging around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    Wow, that sounds great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is also a all you can eat chinese buffet which I think we could get our moneys worth from. It's that popular you have to que to get in, I went on an open day and it was soo busy and tasty! They also have a primark woooh, the closest one to me is newcastle!

I can't remeber if it was sunderland but I think there is a big theater thing for shows which could be good if we save up once in a while too! Yeah I'll be using the metro a bit I think 'cause my brother goes to Northumbria too, so I'll know quite a lot of people there. I'm so glad we have this thread of I would have been panicking about meeting people haha. Whats everyones insurance? Mines Nottingham trent [/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaat?! 'All you can eat Chinese' is my favourite phrase! I only accepted this one. I applied for two unis, but only got into this one lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My last post was supposed to quote helojoxd by the way :s lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My insurance was demontfort but I've never been there and I need higher grades for that than sunderland! and wow I have two primarks within half an hour of me In liverpool there is a 5 floor one and yes all you can eat Chinese is definitely one of my favourite things to do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Sunderland Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Sunderland ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Sunderland applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.