Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims at the boston explosions? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just a glimpse of the life around us here in Pakistan. Not quite the stone age like you think!
    Name:  mall_of_lahore.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  113.5 KBName:  Quratulain-Balouch-at-Aitchison-College-Lahore-8-Sept-46.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  75.6 KBName:  pakistani-students-in-malaysia.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  27.8 KBName:  1176_1356501719.jpg
Size:  44.4 KB Name:  481274d1155498660-streets-lahore-part-2-14th-aug-special-dsc04528_19o_pakwheels-com-.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  38.8 KBName:  A+Pakistani+Fashion+Event-NexPk+Fashion.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  159.2 KBName:  20130207002121_162.jpg
Size:  120.7 KBName:  483965_552623114779742_210804898_n.jpg
Size:  83.4 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    that wasnt the point i was making

the point i was making is that muslims often blow stuff up, so there was a possibility it was muslims
    So do Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, Jews, Agnostics and Athiests.

What is the point in speculating? Don't you think speculating causes further division and takes attention away from victims?

its just an extra point that muslims never offer their condolences
    You just ignore the evidence to the contary, some of it on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elsagatehouse)
    I agree and it was the same here in 2007, what we must stop doing is justifying ourselves every time we experience terrorism and speculate as to who it may be, as you have done by feeling like you have to state that you're
    "not prejudiced or islamaphobic, " seriously, there would be something wrong with us if we were not , given the state of things today and why should they expect (and they do)more from us in every way than they expect from themselves, Islamic terrorism is the bane of the world, and millions that could be spent on humanity in a productive way is spent on counter terrorism, If I was to be honest I don't really want to tolerate them anymore I'm sick of appeasement they don't deserve it and only see it as weakness . They don't have a right to be indignant about speculation, they do not know for sure
    whether it was Islamic extremists or not what of it turned out to be so, where would their indignation be then, do you think it would give them cause to question their obedience and loyalty to this doctrine, not at all, they're two-faced weak people . Dangerous !
    There was terrorism centuries before Islam existed and it was not that long ago that the UK experienced decades of IRA terrorism.

As fr being the bane of the world, you realise the minority of terrorist attacks are by (self proclaimed) Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    that wasnt the point i was making

the point i was making is that muslims often blow stuff up, so there was a possibility it was muslims

its just an extra point that muslims never offer their condolences
    I'm sorry but that extra point of yours is ridiculous! Of course Muslims would express their condolences. Even the supreme leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran did so and condemned such a horrific act!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ophelia127)
    *A baffled Muslim from a Muslim country wondering what Islam is being talked about here*
    Are you still baffled? Now that it's confirmed that they WERE Muslims ,
    where's the indignance now!

ReputationRep:
    First of all, there is no need to use such harsh language when I am talking to you politely. That said, as far as me being a victim of terrorism in my country is concerned, it is not my government that is planning these bombings etc. The culprits behind them are the terrorists who could be operating within our country but that does not mean they are the ones who run our state. I support freedom and equality, which is what my government allows us. The government tries to provide us with as much security as possible against these terrorist activities so them actually supporting such massacres is out of the question. You don't even know me so you cannot assume whether I do anything for the women of my country or not but the picture that you have of Pakistan in your mind is far from the truth. You think that there are just "burqa-clad" women supressed within the walls of their homes by their "terrorist" husbands who need my help to live a respectful life but truth is that our society is nowhere close to that. If you are not ready to listen to me because you believe you are created out of superior skin, you don't have the right to make assumptions about me either. Neither do I stand up for terrorism nor for any imhumane acts, or make excuses for whatever is going on here.
    And just to make it clear to you, I am doing my A levels while living in Pakistan and no one has the liberty to punish me for anything I do! There are thousands others like me in my school and there are hundreds of such schools here. You probably need to come down here and see for yourself what life is like but ofcourse, you are so content with the opinion you have already formed that you cannot take the pain of looking at things from another perspective. I have visited the West quite a lot of times and ommitting the drinking and dressing part, I hardly see any difference in the way I live here and you do in the West. I respect all faiths or even atheism because everyone can believe what convinces them and if you want to question my religion, go ahead. If there is logic behind your words I might actually agree with you too! I am sorry that the world is suffering as much as I am sorry that we have to suffer here. I feel for humanity in general not just a particular geographical location like the West or Pakistan. Everyone deserves freedom, and neither Islam, nor the West, or you and I, have the right to take it away from anyone!
    Peace out.
    oh wake up and smell the coffee, don't treat us like we are idiots over here
    Firstly, don't Bother sending me photos of you and your privileged friends at uni.
    Pakistan is a big country with masses of poverty and very little (if any)
    opportunities for the poor why not send images of families with children as young as 4and 5 years old who all work in the fields and get paid a handful of rice each a day , and you say I'm the one who is content with my opinion , then you go on to say what a great government you have and they are doing all they can(maybe you have family members in the
    government ) I mean you've got to laugh to keep from crying HELLO you have one of the most corrupt governments on the planet .who told you everybody deserves freedom, that statement will not procure freedom from oppression, freedom is something one has to fight for , then you deserve it .

ReputationRep:
    Are you still baffled? Now that it's confirmed that they WERE Muslims ,
    where's the indignance now!
    oh wake up and smell the coffee, don't treat us like we are idiots over here
    Firstly, don't Bother sending me photos of you and your privileged friends at uni.
    Pakistan is a big country with masses of poverty and very little (if any)
    opportunities for the poor why not send images of families with children as young as 4and 5 years old who all work in the fields and get paid a handful of rice each a day , and you say I'm the one who is content with my opinion , then you go on to say what a great government you have and they are doing all they can(maybe you have family members in the
    government ) I mean you've got to laugh to keep from crying HELLO you have one of the most corrupt governments on the planet .who told you everybody deserves freedom, that statement will not procure freedom from oppression, freedom is something one has to fight for , then you deserve it .

It's pointless trying to have a polite conversation with you.
    May God bless you.
    Bye.

ReputationRep:
    It's pointless trying to have a polite conversation with you.
    May God bless you.
    Bye.
    I didn't know you could have polite conversations about terrorism ,extreme poverty, corrupt governments etc. once again the better off in your country turn their backs on the poorest you can never say you were ignorant of the facts I hope when the time comes God will bless you, it's about time the rich in your land started making amends for the underprivileged and stopped expecting handouts and charity from the West, you might have some credibility then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    There was terrorism centuries before Islam resisted and it was not that long ago that the UK experienced decades of IRA terrorism.

As fr being the bane of the world, you realise the minority of terrorist attacks are by (self proclaimed) Muslims.
    How is quoting IRA the same as Moslem terrorism ? they had a problem with the British Government and they targeted the government they didn't go around the planet blowing up indiscriminate people's they weren't cowards.
    Dropping bombs in rubbish bins and running away cowardly, heinous,
    just for your information when the IRA put a bomb in a building their MO
    was to let the police know an hour beforehand so they could evacuate the
    premises of the people in there.

ReputationRep:
    How is quoting IRA the same as Moslem terrorism ? they had a problem with the British Government and they targeted the government they didn't go around the planet blowing up indiscriminate people's they weren't cowards.
    Well I was referring to the Real IRA, as much as the Provisional IRA, and I think you'll find they did. Clearly you've forgetten, or do not know, the 1996 Manchester bombing (no fatalities, but hundreds injured) or the Omagh bombings (29 dead), not to mention several other incidents in the 70s and 80s and several after such as the 2001 Ealing Bombing.

Dropping bombs in rubbish bins and running away cowardly, heinous.
    Because this is only a feature of "Moslem terrorism"? :rolleyes:

My point is that indiscriminate violence and terrorism is seen across several ethnic and religious groups (or groups ). I can name Christian terrorist groups who have commited acts of "cowardly" terrorism. Stop trying to pretend that Islam authorises or encourages terrorism, and that other groups do not commit acts of terrorism against civilians.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the FBI terrorist list, http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not...s-are-muslims/

It's 6% Moslems, 7% Jewish and 24% left wing group

ReputationRep:
    Im curious if their motives were religious, imean baring in mind their origins it would make far more sense for them to be blowing up things in Mosco, no ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.