The Student Room Group

What do you think to this outfit for a sixth form leavers dinner?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by James A
I must say though, heels are a big turn on, for me :colone:

Haha best find yourself someone of average height in that case!! Luckily for you, there are a lot more of those than there are taller girls!
Reply 21
Original post by 747-400
Thank you!! Shoes, a fiver. Bag, £3.40! bargain!!!!

that's one hell of a bargain!! where from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Economi
I don't think girls wear high heels just to be taller. I had it explained to me that they "just feel feminine". It makes girls feel dressed up.

Don't change your outfit becuase a boy might get intimidated.

I never would, if someone feels intimidated because of an already tall girl wearing heels, then, that's stupid - we're still human beings just with long legs! Thank you though!
And yeah, they really finish off any outfit I think, couldn't imagine myself going to something like a Prom without heels!
Reply 23
I really like the outfit!
Reply 24
Original post by lilmissshady
that's one hell of a bargain!! where from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shoes - New Look. You know when they have those huge shoe sales and there are just loads of random pairs, found them there. They were like a mirage in the desert! And bag from eBay. Admittedly, it's a 'dodgy China bag' but I've ordered loads of Chinese stuff and never had a problem!
Reply 25
Original post by sharmine
I really like the outfit!

Bless thank you:biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by 747-400
Thank you!! Shoes, a fiver. Bag, £3.40! bargain!!!!

where from? :eek:
Reply 27
Original post by igloo1
where from? :eek:

Shoes, New Look, shoe sale where they have loads of random pairs out. And bag, eBay. It's one of those ones from China so only down side is delivery wait, usually a couple of weeks.
Reply 28
Original post by 747-400
I never would, if someone feels intimidated because of an already tall girl wearing heels, then, that's stupid - we're still human beings just with long legs! Thank you though!
And yeah, they really finish off any outfit I think, couldn't imagine myself going to something like a Prom without heels!

Ah having re-read my post I didn't meant to patronise with the whole cheesy "DON'T CHANGE FOR ANYONE GIRLFRIEND!" vibe. :unsure:

My sister's tall and I never understood the whole tall girl stigma thing until she explained it to me,as me, being 6'5 never notice tall girls in heels being tall anyway. :rolleyes:

ANYWHO. I think the outfit would look fine.
Reply 29
Original post by Economi
Ah having re-read my post I didn't meant to patronise with the whole cheesy "DON'T CHANGE FOR ANYONE GIRLFRIEND!" vibe. :unsure:

My sister's tall and I never understood the whole tall girl stigma thing until she explained it to me,as me, being 6'5 never notice tall girls in heels being tall anyway. :rolleyes:

ANYWHO. I think the outfit would look fine.

I didn't think you were patronising at all so don't worry about it :smile:
Thank you :biggrin:
Ahhh, that dress, those shoes, that bag.
I love them all, although personally, I wouldn't have such a bright bag with it, don't ask why, I just wouldn't.
Reply 31
Original post by Amanbabbar./
Ahhh, that dress, those shoes, that bag.
I love them all, although personally, I wouldn't have such a bright bag with it, don't ask why, I just wouldn't.

I know I'm a bit unsure too!
Might try find a nude one maybe?
Original post by 747-400
I know I'm a bit unsure too!
Might try find a nude one maybe?

yeah I think nude goes with pretty much everything :smile: although I do love the bag and the shoes and the dress.

Hand them over now! *puts gun to your head* (JK)
Reply 33
Original post by Amanbabbar./
yeah I think nude goes with pretty much everything :smile: although I do love the bag and the shoes and the dress.

Hand them over now! *puts gun to your head* (JK)

Haha, thank you! Dress is from very.co.uk and shoes from New Look ages ago but seen a few pairs on eBay!
Original post by 747-400
Haha, thank you! Dress is from very.co.uk and shoes from New Look ages ago but seen a few pairs on eBay!

Ahh thankyou!
I shall buy them when my mother gives me her card! :biggrin:
Reply 35
I absolutely love that dress!! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the shoes, I think courts would look nicer.
If you like that outfit though and feel comfortable, then that is all that matters! :smile:
Reply 36
I'm 5"10 and I'm pretty much the tallest person I know at my college, except maybe like 3 guys. I'm really self conscious about my height so I avoid heels at all costs even though I would LOVE to wear some of them because they're so pretty and they just make your legs look better. I just don't have the confidence to tower above everyone I guess, so good for you for not giving a crap and wearing what you want! :smile: Inspiration to tall girls :wink:

as for the outfit, I'm with the poster who said maybe not the bag. I love love the dress and the shoes though! :smile: maybe a silver or black bag? I don't really know what colour you could wear that would go with both the shoes and the dress without being blue or beige really.. Anyway, dress & shoes = definite yes!
Reply 37
Original post by Jodie_668
I absolutely love that dress!! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the shoes, I think courts would look nicer.
If you like that outfit though and feel comfortable, then that is all that matters! :smile:

I'll have a look round for some courts! I'm a big suede shoe fan though which limits my choices a bit! Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by 747-400
Yeah, I love being tall - problem? :h:

When you're 6'5" like me, it's not so fun :frown: I'd rather be a plain 6.
Reply 39
Original post by shannahb
I'm 5"10 and I'm pretty much the tallest person I know at my college, except maybe like 3 guys. I'm really self conscious about my height so I avoid heels at all costs even though I would LOVE to wear some of them because they're so pretty and they just make your legs look better. I just don't have the confidence to tower above everyone I guess, so good for you for not giving a crap and wearing what you want! :smile: Inspiration to tall girls :wink:

as for the outfit, I'm with the poster who said maybe not the bag. I love love the dress and the shoes though! :smile: maybe a silver or black bag? I don't really know what colour you could wear that would go with both the shoes and the dress without being blue or beige really.. Anyway, dress & shoes = definite yes!

Awwww, I used to feel exactly the same. I had my Y11 and I was adamant I wasn't going to wear heels. All my friends were buying them and as I had a short dress, I couldn't hide the fact I wasn't wearing any. One day I went prom shoe shopping with my best friend and I just thought, to hell with it! and bought a pair. Admittedly, they were probably about an inch shorter than those in my post, so about 4.5inches, so still pretty big but they didn't actually look that high. I gained a couple of inches in height but I don't regret wearing them and since then I've never looked back.

I think it just takes one crazy moment of a confidence malfunction to chuck away all your thoughts about doing something like that and for the most part, it's not as bad as you might think (apart from them sometimes being a little uncomfy). And the more you wear them, the less you feel self conscious about it. For me, I know people will notice me when I'm a giant in heels and I'd rather be noticed than not whether it be good or bad. I used to hate standing out on class photos, where I stuck out like a sore thumb for my height but embracing it is so much more fun! Me and my friends just laugh about me being the giant but I'm fine with it now :biggrin: I hope you pluck up the courage one day soon, I never thought I would and it might not seem that you'll be able to now, but I'm sure one day you will and you won't regret it :smile:

And thank you for your thoughts!! Going to wait until the bag comes and see then! Alternatively, I have a black clutch from Primark (quite popular, you might have seen it?) with silver studs on, thought about that but then is it breaking the dreaded no navy with black rule, yikes!! Thank you again :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest