Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by po10tial)
    If I do that, there is no way it will stall?

Also, won't I crash into the vehicle ahead?

When is it good to do gear changes?
    I don't know if I'm being lazy and not reading properly, but I haven't seen anyone making this explicitly clear; give a little bit of gas first, then find the biting point. Then INCREASE the gas while releasing the clutch. It should be done smoothly; while you're learning, try and take a couple of seconds from the time you start coming up from the bite to the moment that it's fully released. The speed at which you move your feet should be consistent, so don't start slowly then all of a sudden snap your foot up at the last second.

You shouldn't have to worry about hitting the car in front. Once it starts moving off, give it a good couple of seconds before you follow, unless it takes off at speed thus leaving a safe distance between you both.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.