Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did Labour really spend that much money? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Not quite. But they need to stop bribing voters with freebies that ultimatley need paying for.

My predictions are. The oresent government will do the ground work for the recovery that will be unpopular and criticised. They loose in 2015. The groundwork would've been done and come to fruition in about 2017. Labour will claim the credit after not changing any of teh repsent governments policies.

They'll do something daft. The economy will crash again. Torys will get voted back in and the cycle begins again.

That's exactly what's been happening for the last 30 years. It's staggering that so many people are blind to it. Only a fool repeats his actions and expects a different result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uglybanana)
    That's exactly what's been happening for the last 30 years. It's staggering that so many people are blind to it. Only a fool repeats his actions and expects a different result.
    I know. Thatcher got the blame for sorting out Callaghans mess. Blair got the credit for Majors success. Cameron gets the Blame for Blair mistakes.

I pray that Milliband doesn't get in. I just do not want him representing me on the world stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    People that say Capatalism caused the banking crisis clearly don't quite understand what happened.

Aritificially fixing prices and interest rates,, government intervention, that is a huge part of what precipitated the crisis.

And a government that is needlessly running at a deficit at the height of a boom is not a good government.
    Well said, it's a shame Cameron is PM and not Boris!

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what's been happening for the last 30 years. It's staggering that so many people are blind to it.

Well that's why the intelligent have to stop this happening again using the ballot box!

Only a fool repeats his actions and expects a different result.
    Some say that's the definition of insanity lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Well that's why the intelligent have to stop this happening again using the ballot box!

Some say that's the definition of insanity lol!
    You're after an electorate that can make reasoned decisions. To quote one of my lecturers. 'I stopped voting when I realised the person who got voted in was by the 8 million people who the Sun newspaper told them to vote for.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    You're after an electorate that can make reasoned decisions. To quote one of my lecturers. 'I stopped voting when I realised the person who got voted in was by the 8 million people who the Sun newspaper told them to vote for.'
    Hmmm but it's worth a try anyway.

Plus being on the electoral roll is good for your credit rating!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.