Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are guys grossed out by periods? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is a little uncomfortable having sex if I'm on my period, but is willing to do it if I want to. Obviously I don't want to have sex with someone who is uncomfortable (I also don't want any funny business going on down there), so we turn it into Blowjob Week. I think there's good reason for a guy to not really want to touch you there when you're on your period, because even though it's natural, so is a nosebleed, and he wouldn't want to touch that either.

If he's not willing to make out fully clothed though, that's a problem. Women on their periods aren't repulsive, and he should figure that out soon, or it's going to make you feel rejected during an emotionally unstable time.

ReputationRep:
    i dont care, its a natural himan thing of a female

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

I'm grossed out by them and I have them regularly so I'd imagine so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    Yes, they think its gross haha.
    They aren't usually put off kissing though, maybe sex (but not everyone is put off even then! :P)
    Just tell him your 'Aunt Flow' is visiting and you don't want him meeting her yet
    Interesting...I had never heard 'Aunt Flow' being used as a euphemism for menstruation. I proceeded to google 'period sex' and found numerous sites referring to it as that

my boyfriend doesnt care at all its me that has the issue I wont let him touch me when Im on my period as I just think its a bit minging but if i wwanted to have sex he would

ReputationRep:
    My ex thought it was so gross that he refused to say or hear the word period.

He once pissed me off while in boots (the store) and I walked away from him, and he followed me all around the shop until I got to the feminine hygiene section where he refused to even come close to it.

He was ridiculously immature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    Interesting...I had never heard 'Aunt Flow' being used as a euphemism for menstruation. I proceeded to google 'period sex' and found numerous sites referring to it as that
    I bet you did haha...
    That's what my mum called it :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes. If I find out a girl has periods I will immediately break up with her. It's a disgusting habit and people need to grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered by it at all, all it means is I'd have to use a johnny.

ReputationRep:
    I think most guys aren't that bothered really. My boyfriend and I still have sex when I'm on my period. If he's bothered while just kissing, that's very immature. Just let him know if you aren't comfortable with having sex whilst on your period (or incase he isn't).

You don't owe him a blowjob just because you're on your period though. I'd be fairly miffed if every month I had to put up with period pains/bleeding for a week and giving my bf blowjobs because we aren't having sex. If you want to give him one, then fair enough. Don't feel like you should though; it's completely up to you. It's not like you're going to be getting sexual pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    Yes. If I find out a girl has periods I will immediately break up with her. It's a disgusting habit and people need to grow out of it.
    Completely agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the many reasons I find women a rather unattractive gender.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cute if anything when girls have periods. Me and my girlfriend often make silly jokes about it and I have even shot a tampon up there before just to see what it was all about.

However I would still not want to have sex during her periods. I don't mind going down on her - the heavy smell is quite sexy - but I am careful to stick to the clit and not go too near the hole.

ReputationRep:
    I track down my periods so I know when I'm going to have it. For some reason he's overly brave and doesn't care about "blood on his sword". But I've encouraged him to not have sex during the time of the month, mainly because of my cramps and fatigue - he's also quite "lazy" when it comes to sex. :fluffy:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My boyfriend isn't grossed out by it in the slightest. From my experience, its been girls that are more awkward around talking about the subject of periods which I don't understand tbh. I could talk about it freely to anyone lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not looking for the real men to answer I'm looking for the average guys opinion
    Ha!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend doesn't like the idea of sex on a period.
    He'll come with me into feminine hygiene sections but he'll be uncomfortable and want to leave asap.
    But he's quite sympathetic towards me when I'm having a bad period, and might listen to details but that doesn't stop him getting grossed out from them.

ReputationRep:
    It's all part of the magic of femininity and fertility. Intriguing rather than gross.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the guys on here are much more mature than I thought! Well done, boys

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.