Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your dream job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Casting agent

ReputationRep:
    Graphics and fashion designer as well as music producer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgemuffins)
    People like me and you can get those grades, but that's because we don't have limits. Don't underestimate how stupid the average person is, and those people have limits.

I used to think anyone could get A*s because I got them so easily. Now I realise that lesser mortals are simply not able to do this.
    As tyler durden said it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2AvfSTi6Q

ReputationRep:
    I would love to be a doctor and eventually a surgeon. Although I still have a very very long way to go.

ReputationRep:
    Dream Job : SuperMan ... Saving the world
    Reality : A freaking accountant ..... or some thing related to the accounting/finance industry.

ReputationRep:
    The arrogance in this thread is strong.

Sometimes certain people, myself admittedly, just aren't able to get A*'s in our A-levels. No matter how long or hard we revise. You've got to accept that it isn't as easy as "just try harder". I would've thought that a straight A* student would know that.

Also, acting all high and mighty about your academic successes isn't going to get you liked by many.

ReputationRep:
    Wow OP you inspire me, most people around our age just settle for a normal job and don't want to chase their dreams, they need to try harder and believe that they can do it.

I'd like to be an actor, I think it'd be amazing, to be able to play so many different people, you get to act the lives of people you wouldn't think of. There is so many opportunities if you are known, like going into fashion etc. I'd want to start my own business as well as I feel that gives you freedom in a way, I also find law really interesting, but the physical side of things.

ReputationRep:
    Dream job: Cutting edge astrophysicist

Potential dream reality: Highly successful & influential architect

Likely reality: Architect. :lol:

edit: maybe we should form some sort of exclusive society for successful TSR users, like the Freemasons

ReputationRep:
    Dream job: Quarterback
    Slightly more realistic: Pilot
    Much more realistic: Firefighter

ReputationRep:
    Karl Pilkington

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilroy8)
    The arrogance in this thread is strong.

Sometimes certain people, myself admittedly, just aren't able to get A*'s in our A-levels. No matter how long or hard we revise. You've got to accept that it isn't as easy as "just try harder". I would've thought that a straight A* student would know that.

Also, acting all high and mighty about your academic successes isn't going to get you liked by many.
    Do you? You have 'got to accept' failure? Do you really?

This sentence sums up your problems nicely.

And no, I am not an A* start student- yet. However, rest assured I will be by the time my Alevels are finished. Why? Because I believe I will get that. If I don't believe it, then it's definitely not going to happen. So why wouldn't I believe it?

Sorry but since when did you accept defeat? Did Edison say that at his 10000th attempt at creating the first working light bulb? No, most certainly not.

"Young man, why would I feel like a failure? And why would I ever give up? I now know definitively over 9,000 ways that an electric light bulb will not work. Success is almost in my grasp." - Thomas Edison

So you are telling me after..I'll assume.. 10 exams? That you can't get an A* grade?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Your attitude makes my stomach churn

ReputationRep:
    Absolute dream job: drug kingpin
    Realistic dream job: leading game developer
    Realistic job: dentist

ReputationRep:
    Dream job: Actor
    I think I could be amazing and hopefully win an oscar, but alas life doesn't work out like that
    Realistic dream job: Primary School Headmaster.
    I'm already working towards this and I'll have a lot of fun getting to this job

ReputationRep:
    Professional Footballer?

But I knew a long time ago that it was out of reach....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    Do you? You have 'got to accept' failure? Do you really?

This sentence sums up your problems nicely.

And no, I am not an A* start student- yet. However, rest assured I will be by the time my Alevels are finished. Why? Because I believe I will get that. If I don't believe it, then it's definitely not going to happen. So why wouldn't I believe it?

So you are telling me after..I'll assume.. 10 exams? That you can't get an A* grade?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Your attitude makes my stomach churn
    No, after 50,000 exams there will be some things that I just can't understand. End of.

May I ask why you are so adamant in getting the top marks? I know you'll answer with "because I know I can...if I believe..." or something similar.

I aspire to join the Armed Forces, Corps of Royal Engineers to be exact. I do not need the top marks in everything to achieve this ambition. But I will give 110% to do the best job I can if i do get in.

There is a difference between pessimism and realism. And as for my attitude, that's your opinion; and whilst I respect it, I sure as hell do not have to listen to it.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I would love to be like a traveling reviewer of luxury holiday resorts and get paid for it. :awesome: Or even a foreign diplomat in the states or Canada or somewhere.

Realistic dream job. A family law solicitor

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll remain a pipe dream but one day, after I've graduated, worked a job in the civil service, got married, had babies etc, I'd really love to open a cute coffee shop. I'd turn it into one of those places that have been open for 100 years, with a really nice homely feel to it, known for making delicious cakes and pastries with secret recipes, great coffee, etc. I wouldn't expand it either, I'd be happy just keeping that one special little shop. I love baking. Ah it'd be awesome. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilroy8)
    No, after 50,000 exams there will be some things that I just can't understand. End of.

May I ask why you are so adamant in getting the top marks? I know you'll answer with "because I know I can...if I believe..." or something similar.

I aspire to join the Armed Forces, Corps of Royal Engineers to be exact. I do not need the top marks in everything to achieve this ambition. But I will give 110% to do the best job I can if i do get in.

There is a difference between pessimism and realism. And as for my attitude, that's your opinion; and whilst I respect it, I sure as hell do not have to listen to it.
    I am afraid your attitude and view on life in general is rather skewed if you think that

ReputationRep:
    To become a world renowned psychologist.

ReputationRep:
    Book editor/publisher, particularly children's literature

If I could have literally any job, I'd like to be a fiction author

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.