Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i will do! well im not sure if its "my tutor" so to speak because the course leader it says to contact on the sheet is apparently off sick at the moment so its just a tutor i've been passed to. I only live about 20mins away so its not far at all for me to go in! I know 2000 words is a lot! Lol

x

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I re read the letter again, it says we have to tick the boxes of what criteria we feel we have achieved and in the next box refer to what evidence we are providing. I read on another website that offers general APEL tips that we probably need to use a tabbed index thing. I'm struggling to start the Situational Analysis thing too - it's going to be as cheesy as my personal statement I think! I've had that email too but I haven't got a student number either - I haven't heard about NHS bursary either so I'm getting a bit worried! Hope your tutors get back to you soon but I'm sure Katie and myself will be posting with any advice we get soon! Katie xxx

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who are still waiting to hear back from our tutor.
    I phoned up the uni last week as I became impatient and he is off on long term sick. They said they are in the process of sending letters out to everyone with a new support contact. Fingers crossed we hear something back soon!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm so glad I've found this post I'm stressing so much over this apel portfolio!!
    I've had a meeting with my tutor already and everything that's been said on here is what he told me to do so it looks like we might all be on the right tracks.
    I'm struggling with finding the evidence, I felt like I had enough after my meeting with the tutor but now I'm trying to put it all together it just doesn't seem to fit lol. How's everyone else getting along?
    I'll be going to the open day on the 23rd may so be nice to see a few of you there and hopefully help each other out with this crazy portfolio
    Jade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies! Yes I had an email about the tutor going off on sick leave so waiting for a new contact. I found out my student by trial and error! It was on the top of the letter i received offering me a place as a reference. It began with some letters then forward-slash a number then another forward slash followed by letters again. It's the numbers which are the student number, if that makes sense!

x

ReputationRep:
    oh and with the nhs bursary i just googled it, found the website and applied! They are processing it. So you can just get on and apply now if you want to. I had to send off documents like id and loads of payslips. This is the website:

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3266.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Hey Rapamely thanks for all that advice! Well done for working it all out too :five: I'm cracking on with the bursary form as I know how tedious they can be! I was worried that the deadline was approaching and I thought uni were going to pass on our details so I wasn't sure what to do next but I'm just going for it. Thanks for the student number too, this registration thing looks pretty hefty! Jade are you mental health or adult nursing? I'm going to the open day on the 23rd too so will see you there! Katie x

ReputationRep:
    I'm mental health nursing Katie, what about you? It will be nice to meet everyone before the course starts.
    I thought we had to wait for the nhs to contact us about the bursary but by the looks of things we can get that sorted now. Best get cracking!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Girls,

i went to see one of the tutors yesterday & things are alot clearer now! Here are a few helpful pointers....

- Original's are not required, copies of certificates etc are perfectly fine.
    - The same piece of evidence can be used to justify more than one objective
    - There is no specific way you need to set out the porfolio, as long as it is clear to follow and the evidence you mention on the mapping tool is easy to find i.e you could just number clear plastic wallets or use A,B,C etc.
    - The situational analysis is quite informal & more like an account of your experiences, qualifications etc so far (an elaborated personal statement!)
    - job descriptions are very useful! & don't necessarily need to be nursing related.

im doing adult nursing next sept

Thanks,
    Katie

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Katie! Feel much better about it all now. I think I will just have my evidence in an appendix, all numbered, and just write in the box "see appendix 3, job description" and hope that will do! So the essay doesn't have to be a masterpiece of critical thinking then? That makes me feel a bit less stressed too!

By next Sep is that 2014 then? Did you want to delay a year? Im doing adult nursing this sep!

Rach

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats a good way of doing it! No don't worry...not at all more like an account in your own words as to where you've come from & what you're about etc.

My offer is sept 2014 as they are full for this year. Only had my interview at end of April but my application was sent before the deadline! I wanted this year

Thanks
    Katie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Katie,
    I only had my interview at the end of March but only received an offer 2 weeks ago! Kept me waiting! Aw that is a shame they've decided to delay your entry. What will you do this year?

Rach

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing Adult nursing or Mental Health?

im working as a health care assiatant in a hospital now i'll just carry on working there if i have got to wait til next year! Hopefully it will go quick lol

Waiting is the worst part! Congrats though

x

ReputationRep:
    HI everyone!
    Just wondered if anyone has heard back about their APEL? In the notes it said we should hear within 3 weeks of handing it in. i emailed my tutor but she is away until Aug 12th. I don't want to sign for a house without knowing I am deffo on the course!
    Thanks,
    Rachel

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rachel,

I got a UCAS notification 2 days ago and my conditional offer had changed to unconditional. Maybe yours is the same

Vicky.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys!

Yeah that was the same for me..my offer has changed from conditional to unconditional on UCAS. I'd check it if i was you! Good Luck

Katie

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Well done guys!
    Mine hasn't changed yet, perhaps it will soon!
    Thanks,
    Rachel

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rachel,

It should change soon I was told mine should of changed a bit before it actually did so I think ucas are slow at updating!
    Maybe try emailing one of the other tutors involved in the marking of the portfolios see if they know.

Jade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've just received an offer but i haven't had a letter, where do we find out about the APEL?

Thanks
    Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    Help, I need to write and APEL which I have no clue about and submit on 7th of January. Got letter on 14th and the school are on xmas break now. Anybody has any idea how to go about it pleas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.