Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if your gf/bf told you that they're asexual? watch

I would have known before we were together, and we wouldn't have been together, we would just be friends.

Thanks for the responses so far.
    What if the person said they were asexual but wouldn't mind a sexual relationship? Being asexual doesn't necessarily mean you're disinterested by sex - some asexuals are, but many asexuals have sexual urges (they're just not sexually attracted by particular individuals).

Would you continue the relationship if you love each other but your partner was asexual but could still meet your needs?

I would celebrate because I'm also asexual and I would never need to explain it to them

(Original post by carrotstar)
    seriously didn't mean to put that...but yeah lol

And I misunderstood because I thought of asexual as in how plants reproduce, so I thought it must mean they'd have both gender's parts or something? Anyway I now know better...
    Haha you're not the only one to make that mistake. I once watched a boy desperately flicking through a biology textbook trying to get everything to add up in his head. Luckily, he also knows better now

(Original post by ssupernova)
    you couldn't, could you? They won't be interested in that way would they, so how can it work ? x
    I think you're confused between asexual and aromatic. While the two can go hand in hand some asexual people do have romantic feelings
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2017
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.