Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My teacher taught us nothing about the changing images of women or anything for the question on the dresses. I've screwed up. What did everybody draw for the doorstop question? :P

ReputationRep:
    I know this is off the subject but how did you find taking textiles at a level because I want to take it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatsaunders)
    I know this is off the subject but how did you find taking textiles at a level because I want to take it
    I personally find it hard, but I only did it because there weren't any other subjects I wanted to do that my sixth form offered. The coursework is quite vast as well as having to memorise masses of facts for the exam. I do another coursework subject (art) so it was really hard trying to finish both portfolios as the deadline was so close. On the other hand, textiles can be enjoyable but that's just for the making. All in all do it at A level if you are prepared to dedicate lots of time to it and revise early for the exam - lots of content

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatsaunders)
    Personally I enjoy this subject and it is by far my favourite although the exam is actually horrible. Don't take this subject unless you are genuinely interested because it has a lot of theory despite what everyone thinks.. however if you are actually interested and willing to put a lot of time and effort in this subject, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilylawx)
    Dont worry, just retake it next year. Try and get a copy of textiles at the cutting edge book, that pretty much has everything you need to revise from. AS and A2 overlap a lot do just try your best :/ the spec is so broad it's just difficult to revise for :/
    It's alright, I was planning on dropping it at the end of the year, crazy amount of coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.