Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any woman who wants to stay beautiful needs to diet every day watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbathaZoe)
    She describes a size 14 as 'fat'? The average women's clothes size in the UK is a 16, for god's sake! This has got to be some kind of joke.
    Size 14 is fat, over the years the average has gone up because women are getting fatter, in 2000 it increased to 14 from a size 12 and in 2009-2010 the average went up again to 16 from 14. In the last 20 years women have increased the average dress size by 2 sizes, 2 sizes! :eek:

This is a worrying trend, a very worrying trend that needs to be stopped, while I don't agree with Brick and her methods she does have a point about dress sizes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    Size 14 is fat, over the years the average has gone up because women are getting fatter, in 2000 it increased to 14 from a size 12 and in 2009-2010 the average went up again to 16 from 14. In the last 20 years women have increased the average dress size by 2 sizes, 2 sizes! :eek:

This is a worrying trend, a very worrying trend that needs to be stopped, while I don't agree with Brick and her methods she does have a point about dress sizes.
    Oh noes, fat people EVERYWARRRRRRRR :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Love Vagenda's response: "Samantha Brick says nothing in life signifies failure better than fat. To which we say: what about having a job at the Mail?"
    very valid point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Oh noes, fat people EVERYWARRRRRRRR :zomg:
    I know you are being sarcastic but it is dreadful, not only do these women insist on being unhealthy, a lot of them like to wear the tightest clothes possible and go out in them, it is disgusting to see them with their fat hanging out from their clothes. If they want to be fat that is fine but they should not impose their fatness on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    I know you are being sarcastic but it is dreadful, not only do these women insist on being unhealthy, a lot of them like to wear the tightest clothes possible and go out in them, it is disgusting to see them with their fat hanging out from their clothes. If they want to be fat that is fine but they should not impose their fatness on me.
    See if you had the slightest concern about my health i'd listen, but you don't. You just hate fat people. What a bore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belligerent ghoul)
    The Brick Strikes again!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...=feeds-newsxml

Is this seriously what counts as journalism these days? Yeah, I know it's the Daily Mail, but this is bad, even for them.

"My husband of five years frequently tells me that if I put on weight he will divorce me."

"At college I invented the Polo diet."

...Please someone tell me she's just a bad joke?

FYI, if you spend your whole life on a diet, you're doing it wrong.

I know.. I think it's so sad that someone actually thinks that!! what have we come to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belligerent ghoul)
    The Brick Strikes again!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...=feeds-newsxml

Is this seriously what counts as journalism these days? Yeah, I know it's the Daily Mail, but this is bad, even for them.

"My husband of five years frequently tells me that if I put on weight he will divorce me."

"At college I invented the Polo diet."

...Please someone tell me she's just a bad joke?

FYI, if you spend your whole life on a diet, you're doing it wrong.
    Then she should divorce him and get some self-respect; the guy sounds like a sack of ****.

ReputationRep:
    See if you had the slightest concern about my health i'd listen, but you don't. You just hate fat people. What a bore.
    No I disliek people that don't look after themselves, I am underweight and gaining but at least I am attempting to be in a healthy weight range whereas women over the years have given up, Europeans have kept their weight and dress size averages under control yet the UK cannot? it baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    No I disliek people that don't look after themselves, I am underweight and gaining but at least I am attempting to be in a healthy weight range whereas women over the years have given up, Europeans have kept their weight and dress size averages under control yet the UK cannot? it baffles me.
    So its about fat women? Change the record.

ReputationRep:
    So its about fat women? Change the record.
    Well yes, the averages for men haven't changed so much that everything needs to be changed to make people feel better. Fat men are equally disgusting but there are more women that make it obvious and it is sickening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    Well yes, the averages for men haven't changed so much that everything needs to be changed to make people feel better. Fat men are equally disgusting but there are more women that make it obvious and it is sickening.
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Try sticking this woman on a psychiatric ward for eating disorder patients, she'd soon eat her words. Or maybe not. I find it pretty funny how flabby she is considering she's claiming to be some sort of inspiration figure for diets.
    And she has the audacity to moan and whinge about her infertility problems. Well what the hell does she expect after living on marmite on toast for a year. Stupid woman, needs to **** off back to France, they can keep her.

ReputationRep:
    It's ironic how half her articles are about how frustrated she is over her infertility and now she's telling us that she spent her early 30s on less than 1000 calories a day and still follows crash diets that leave her so drained she doesn't have the "mental or physical fortitude to work".

Anyone else spotting a link there?

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. You don't have to diet to stay a particular size. You just have to have a healthy, balanced attitude towards food - which she clearly doesn't have.

ReputationRep:
    To stay THIN maybe unless you're naturally thin. To stay BEAUTIFUL no.
    I intend to stay SLIM as I get older-because It's unhealthy to be fat. I am not concerned if I am not skinny, but I never want to be fat.

ReputationRep:
    This is probably the worst thing I have ever read from a newspaper. It's more like something you'd read on a pro ana inspiration site! :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    Well actually the average waist size for men has increased over the last 40 years by11.4%, from 35 inches to 39 inches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Her husband would divorce her if she didn't maintain her "skinny" figure with crazy marmite-diets?

Funny, because every man I know would dump their girlfriend for having as ridiculous an outlook on food as she does.

ReputationRep:
    The DM is geneous. So good at writing bewildering crap.

ReputationRep:
    That is the worst article I've ever read.
    'nothing in life signifies failure better than fat' - it's just nasty.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.