Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i the only one with an outie belly button who else has one ?? Watch

(Original post by therisenmitten)
    Nah, sorry it was a poor joke... that would be pretty weird.

I'm an innie.
    I'm really curious what the difference is between innie and outie bellybuttons. Do you think it depends on the technique of the doctor when you were born? Like do different hospitals have different belly button styles?
    Haha na dw it wernt that bad
    LOOL styles ?! Well i dont know about that maybe in the future !

ReputationRep:
    I have an outie :ahee:

Sometimes I can feel a little insecure about it but I think that it looks cute ;3 x

ReputationRep:
    I have an outie bellybutton, too, and I have it since I can remember.

In my teenaged time, my navel was still more prominently out like a gnarly and knotty outie bellybutton, so I was often very ashamed of it, when others saw it. I really hated medical exams by doctors, which I had very often because I had some strange health (abdominal) problems in my youth time, because doctors always took notice of my conspicuous outie bellybutton then (they said I would have a kind of navel hernia, too) and normally did a thorough and closely examination of my protruding navel then with inspection, longer and deep palpation, poking in, squeezing and sometimes pulling (they sometimes tried to pull it more out, as far as possible!) on it, what causes sometimes awful pain.

So I never liked my navel at all and was very ashamed of it. Often I had the naive hope, that my navel would stay in, when the doctor poked it in, but it popped always out immediately. I often felt these asking views and sometimes others asked me "oh what is the matter with your navel?!", "oh, what kind of navel he has!" or "your navel looks so ugly!" and different more, what depressed me additionally.
    Time by time I saw, that was not the only one that has such a conspicuous outie navel, that some of my classmates, other students and friends also had some, what gave me a bit more self confidence. So, I admire all, who are so self confident to show their outie navels!

ReputationRep:
    Did as a nipper, and got mildly bullied because of it (not the nicest feeling when you have to attend compulsory school swimming lessons in front of all your peers, you feel virtually naked and hence even more vulnerable)

These days it's more of an innie but I have a little hernia in it so it's kind of an outie, within an innie, scenario :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe-ellis)
    I have an outie belly button! I don't feel self conscious at all, either. When people notice it, they're like "you have an outie belly button" and I say "I think it's because I'm left handed" (the majority of left handed people I know, also have outies) I don't think it's something to be insecure about, it's normal, millions of people have outie belly buttons, they're just not as common as innies, that's all!
    (Original post by crazycraigy)
    You don't see many fat people with outies TBF. I'm pretty thin and have a large outie but my brother who isn't fat in any way (but is probably a bit fatter than me) has a deep innie. So does my mate who is built like a stick.

Maybe you just have to be skinny and lucky / unlucky to end up with an outie? FML though coz I've got red hair as well :-(
    Im a leftie and have a deep innie. Im also considered by tsr standards to be "fat".

You realise its all to do with how the doctors tie your cord after its snipped. Hence why its a knot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im half and half. Mine goes from an outie and fades into an innie... The doctor must have been pissed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm innie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanMalone)
    Im half and half. Mine goes from an outie and fades into an innie... The doctor must have been pissed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh i think there the best lucky lol !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to have an outie until about 10 years old, no joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanMalone)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly what I have.
    I always thought I was just odd but I guess I'm not alone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an outtie belly button boys, I love boys belly buttons.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.