The Student Room Group

Night out with ex? How do I handle it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rock Fan
Pretty simple, she is trying to make you jealous.

Why though, when SHE split up with me, and said last month she doesn't want to get back with me?

She's a psycho. I don't want her. I just can't see why she'd want to make me jealous.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jonnykino
Why though, when SHE split up with me, and said last month she doesn't want to get back with me?

She's a psycho. I don't want her. I just can't see why she'd want to make me jealous.

Maybe she has made the wrong choice and realised it, so she has decided to play these games
Reply 22
Sleep with her then cut contact
Reply 23
So this is annoying now. Woke up to find an email. She said she feels as though she's 'reverting back to her 15 year old self' because of her anxiety. I never knew her at 15, but because of stuff I've been through, she's making me worried for her. Purely because of stuff I've dealt with in my past.

And she keeps flaunting the fact she's seeing someone else to me. I honestly don't care, but the fact she's telling me this stuff she's supposedly dealing with, I don't understand. She can't text me or call me. mrnumber - great app, so she emails me. Why is she letting me know she's struggling with stuff. Does she want help? I know if I offer it she'll reject it and twist it back on to me doing something wrong. Just ignore her supposed cries for help?

It's not fair. Not when I've dealt with things like this.
Original post by jonnykino
Advice?

Do what you should have done the minute you discovered what a warped human being she was.

Ignore her, and act as if she doesn't even exist. No contact. You don't need 'your say' or to defend yourself or whatever else, you don't need to reason with her, people who behave like her are eventually caught out and quite obvious for many.

Also frankly what you do with other women (older exes or not) is none of her business now. Really you just seem to need a good kick up the trumpet to get you to move on and let go. Plenty of people probably say things about you, you wouldn't entirely like but that's life. Accept she is a bit of a cow and find something more interesting to fill your thoughts/time.
Reply 25
To be honest, it's all very worrying. Especially with the fact she's telling me these problems. I've told her to tell her friends, she says she won't. She told me she's only told me, her friend and the guy she's seeing. I've told her to see a doctor. She said she won't tell anyone because she doesn't trust them -- yet she tells me? I again blocked her, but when I try the no contact, she finds a way to get through to me, such as the email. It's bothering me because it's as though she's using my issues to get back at me. I had a terrible time when I was younger, and now suddenly it's happening with her? I don't know. I'm not too bothered if people are talking about me, it's the malicious stuff she's saying about me. Claiming I've made things up, it's dangerous.

Ideally, I'd want nothing to do with her, but she always seems to find away to get back into my life, especially now she's playing with my personal issues. I guess I'm too caring, because it's bothering me if she really IS having problems with anxiety and being unable to leave the house. But it's not my problem.

See? She really, really messes with my head, and I don't know why she does it. I'm most likely going to see her at uni on Thursday, but am tempted to not go in just to get away from her. Headworker or what.
What a classy manipulator we have here! I am going to repeat what others have said - please cut all contact with her. She is not your girlfriend anymore and she is simply playing with your feelings. Think about whether you really want to be dragged into her drama. Even if she has issues - it's not fair to use it against you. If she seeing someone, the guy should be there for her and provide her with support. Please, for your own sake, get out of this mess right now. In a few months time you will realize what a waste of time it was.
Reply 27
Just seen your post, but last night... things got worse. She calls my house phone, in a complete state. Says rumours are being spread about her and she can't cope. I said there's stuff being spread about me but I can't be bothered with it anymore. She then said it's making her ill, so I said to her that she has to trust I'm not saying anything about her, if she's not saying anything about me then I'll believe her. Things might stop then - she'll stop getting worked up and won't have to bother with me. She said she can probably never trust me and hung up. She then text me telling me there's only one thing that will fix this. I rang her and asked what she meant, and she told me her dad was with her. I mean what the hell. She's a 21 year old. I'm 22, and she's getting her 'daddy' involved? Anyway she asked if I wanted to speak to him. She then said "no, didn't think so" and hung up. She then text me her and her dad were going to 'see' people to sort out 'everything'.

Now her dad is overly protective. Stupidly so. He got a restraining order on one of her ex-boyfriends.

I've haven't heard anything since, and I've completely blocked her again because she's causing SO many problems. Not just with me, but mutual friends now. I'll see her in uni on Thursday. Ignoring is all I can do, but seriously. What else is there I can do? I'm a bit worried now she's going to twist things more.
make her jealous :biggrin: take a really hot girl with u...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending