Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3 June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: How ready are you for the exam?
    Awesome, gonna kill it
    11.76%
    Great
    5.88%
    Ok
    20.59%
    Satisfied
    11.76%
    Help me!!
    17.65%
    32.35%

ReputationRep:
    Well does anyone have a clue on what will come for the activity 1 on the unit-3 paper?????
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Been doing some practise in class but im not understanding it! Really worried! does anyone have any good notes i can revise from? Thanks, much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eawilliams)
    I have this exam too, compiling my notes right now.. and I have a spreadsheet practice file based on the case study! (:
    Could you attach your notes? would really help, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I need help with Unit 2 (Section B,C and D)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know what is likely to come up for activity 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've attached some things, I dont know if they'll be useful to you guys, but play around and check it out (:...
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Map.pdf (256.0 KB, 172 views)
  2. Attached Files
  3. File Type: txt TDistances_practice.txt (479 Bytes, 207 views)
  4. File Type: txt THeights_practice.txt (290 Bytes, 155 views)
  5. File Type: xls Tour de Tournesol_practice.xls (467.5 KB, 486 views)
  6. File Type: docx Comprehension.docx (17.4 KB, 738 views)

ReputationRep:
    Here are some checklists as well.
    Attached Files
  7. File Type: doc Unit 3 Knowledge Worker Topics.doc (24.0 KB, 510 views)
  8. File Type: doc Checklist for unit 3.doc (37.5 KB, 521 views)
  9. File Type: xls Checklist of what you need to know.xls (33.5 KB, 575 views)

ReputationRep:
    who wants notes for unit 3

ReputationRep:
    I always find answering the question "How could you improve the model?" quite difficult:/
    Does anyone have any suggestions for the tour de tournesol model?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eawilliams)
    I've attached some things, I dont know if they'll be useful to you guys, but play around and check it out (:...
    Thankyouu soo much!! The files are really useful!
    Do you have a completed model by any chance? If so could you attatch it please?
    Thankyouu!!

ReputationRep:
    Guys the most helpful thing would be a complete excel spreadsheet model so if anyone has a complete version, please provide the rest of us with it. Another very essential thing would be predicting the questions that are likely to come up or atleast lets comeup with a model answer for activity one since the questions on it are related to the scenario not the spreadsheet model. Guys, we all should work very hard and help each other and predict the questions and provide each other with as much information as possible in order to ace this exam.
    Cheers,

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling the first answer would be something along the lines of... write 12 key facts as they usually have this as their first answer. And perhaps write about the data files you are going to use? And what descions do you have to make?
    Also ways to improve the model?
    Does anyone have any suggested answers to these?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! this is wat i came up with so far for activity 1... Anyone has an idea wat are the assumptions that could be made??
    Attached Files
  10. File Type: docx Act 1.docx (17.0 KB, 634 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I too will be taking this exam in May. I have what i feel is a completed model, all you have to do is find the correct routes for each of the stage.

I have started to try find my way through the stages and paths but ignore mine and start with yours.

I wish you all luck and this is helpful CompleteModelTDT_pre.release.xls

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a completed model and if so can you upload it?? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are the formuals going to be the same?

ReputationRep:
    What are the formulas that need to be used and will they be the same in the actual paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljb.95)
    Hi guys,

I too will be taking this exam in May. I have what i feel is a completed model, all you have to do is find the correct routes for each of the stage.

I have started to try find my way through the stages and paths but ignore mine and start with yours.

I wish you all luck and this is helpful CompleteModelTDT_pre.release.xls

Looks like you have got the right ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TamarB)
    Hi, does anyone know what is likely to come up for activity 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher said that activity 1 and 2 is normally roughly the same sort of questions whatever the situation,
    Activity 2 is probably the assumptions that you make in the sitiuation and factors that might effect what you have have to do.. but thats just a educated guess :P

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am taking this exam on May 20th and would like some help figuring out about the Climb Calculation sheet. Please? Any help would be appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.